Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woohooo!!! Thanks to Ryan from this board, my bike is now steering damper equipped!! No more hair rasing moments strafing through Mulholland!! Though my bike never actually "slapped," I was always worried about tight, bumpy corner exits... and the fact that my bike weaves at the drop of a hat with the Dunlop D208GPs.... LOL!! I've always like the more consistent feel of an Ohlins damper (as on my Tl1000R), but the Hyper-pro sure brought me peace of mind...

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
:thumb: sometimes just the peace of mind can make the investmemt worthwhile :D

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Erwin8r said:
I'll take some pics of all the mods I've done to date and post these tomorrow! :D
Excellent...I love seeing newly installed goodies. :clap: :thumb:

·
Registered
846 Posts
I just got my Hyper Pro on. It was easy to install and the fit and finish seem excellent to me. I had a semi-slapper two weeks ago and that was all it took to ante up the dough.

Haven't ridden it yet with the dampenerener but it sure looks cool! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
johnnycrash said:
I just got my Hyper Pro on. It was easy to install and the fit and finish seem excellent to me. I had a semi-slapper two weeks ago and that was all it took to ante up the dough.

Haven't ridden it yet with the dampenerener but it sure looks cool! :thumb:
Cool, you've got one of their newly designed ones! Looks great! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Hm.. my factory damper could be a little more effective.. looks like an interesting alternative to the Ohlins.. what do they run and how has the *deal* on them?

·
Registered
272 Posts
WOW....that is the NEW one huh? My HyperPro dont look like that. When did they update the design?

Looks pretty nifty.... :cool:

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
The old one's use to leak alot. Well, down here they did anyway. They used to tell us that they didn't have seal problems anywhere in the world, except here. THEN they changed them with the expansion reservoir. Let us know how it goes, coz with the old model, we used to call them Hyperleak. New one does look heaps better though.

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
The Sook said:
The old one's use to leak alot. Well, down here they did anyway. They used to tell us that they didn't have seal problems anywhere in the world, except here. THEN they changed them with the expansion reservoir. Let us know how it goes, coz with the old model, we used to call them Hyperleak. New one does look heaps better though.
Oh, they had seal problems here, too, about 2 years ago. I have a 7 year old Hyperpro on my Duc that has never leaked. I had 2 that leaked on my 929, but they replaced both at no charge to me, even though one was a couple of years old, so I have no complaints.

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
I have a hyperpro on my 954, I also had one on my 929.
the 929 one started to leak after it was about 13 months old, the Australian importer told me I would either have to pay for a repair or they could sell me a new one at half price and that's the best they could do. After an email to Hyperpro, telling them that I frequent several motorcycles forums, and I know about their leakage problems, the dealer was told to supply me a replacement free of charge :D the net can be a wonderfull thing sometimes :D

·
Registered
846 Posts
Wow! I had never heard of leak problems ... until the day after I get mine installed. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

I got mine for about $400 shipped. They have gone up considerably in the last two or so months due to the Euro-Dollar exchange rate and the new design (at least that's what Starcycle said).

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
What are the Matris dampers worth to you over there?
Ratter, I had 3 that were from customers bikes, and they weren't too happy when they had to pay for the re-sealing. I still have two here, that they told them to jam. Nothing like standing by your product huh? And that's nothing like, standing by your product. Hahahaha
The new ones may be better, so let us know.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Holy SH!T!!! What a difference!!! I should have done this the second I bought this bike. The bike seems like a new bike - rock solid, no headshake anywhere, and that is just after a short 30 mile spirited ride.

I also noticed that the front end stays very planted when setting the front end down after 150 mph standups. <sarcastic humor>

This seems like one of the most important safety items you can get, second only to a helmet.

·
Registered
661 Posts
The Sook said:
Mine's about a year old (the older model)....no leaks here! Hope it don't start either!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts