Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So to top off buying the new bike this weekend I finally got my promotion at work. I've had a managers password since maybe a month into being there (so I can actually do stuff on sundays when I'm in the backroom by myself). Now its official and I get to wear a gray shirt cause I'm actually a manager. Another $2.30 is pretty nice to.

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
CBR929RE said:
So to top off buying the new bike this weekend I finally got my promotion at work. I've had a managers password since maybe a month into being there (so I can actually do stuff on sundays when I'm in the backroom by myself). Now its official and I get to wear a gray shirt cause I'm actually a manager. Another $2.30 is pretty nice to.
work some OT and come to Grattan :D

Now that you got a decent regular job and new bike you could come to Grattan and we will shear you. Your own Mama might think you got kidnapped.

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
Wow, a great step toward independance.... Oh, you financed another motorcycle.... nevermind.

Good for you though... I had a promotion dangled in front of me then taken away. :rant:

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
phobiaphobe said:
Wow, a great step toward independance.... Oh, you financed another motorcycle.... nevermind.

Good for you though... I had a promotion dangled in front of me then taken away. :rant:

haha yup. yeah they promised the promotion when I came back from that stupid other job. My District Manager is usually just not in my store for more than like 20 minutes because he doesn't have to look after us like the other stores. We have a pretty good group of people and keep the place looking good while the other stores are full of retards. But he finally pulled me aside Sunday morning and did the switch in the computer system. It was actually $.50 more than what he originally said he was gonna give me.

Sheep as far as OT goes, it gets a little hard to come by but I try to stick around as much as I can if there's still work to be done. Plus they try to limit OT as much as possible. I do work 6 hours on Sundays so thats all time and a half.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Crap that reminds me, I gotta go argue with the manager at autozone here tomorrow.. Bastards don't wanna replace my rotors when their shit ass caliper locked up and destroyed it.. Ok end of rant

Congrats man.... Hope it continues to go well.

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
MrX954 said:
:hmm: We dont want to hear what you do in the backroom by yourself you perve
haha, asshole. I was referring to actual work. on sundays we don't send any trucks out to other stores but I still pick all the stuff and have it ready to go out on monday mornings.

stegen said:
Nice. I need a fuel filter for a 94 olds achevia and i wont pay more than cost:D
I don't even get stuff at cost. 20% off (I think just in stock items) and doesn't include and chemicals or oil or spark plugs (might be a few other things too but I don't know).

I thought you had a raper van, no?

Getsome said:
Crap that reminds me, I gotta go argue with the manager at autozone here tomorrow.. Bastards don't wanna replace my rotors when their shit ass caliper locked up and destroyed it.. Ok end of rant

Congrats man.... Hope it continues to go well.
I don't care what your problem is. I don't have to deal with bitchy customers (or nice ones either). I only have to deal with stupid people from other stores.

Although here's a good story from Sunday. I answer the phone (this one is specificallly for other stores to call to check parts, not for customers to call). Well this guy calls because one of the other stores are dumb and gave him the wrong number. I wasn't doing too much so I figured I'd help him. He says he needs rear shoes. So I got to the computer to look it up, and ask if that it was shoes or pads he asked for. he says shoes but he has rear disks.So I was like if you have disks you need pads not shoes. he gets mad and asks if anyone else can help him, I said no everyone was busy and they can't help anymore than I can if he gives wrong info. So then he says they are parking brake shoes, so I go to click on that. Then I ask him what kind of truck and what year and the dick hangs up on me. A little while later the store he caled first calls me to check if we had the part, we did. After I hung up I was so tempted to take the parts off the shelf and hide them so when he got there no one would be able to find them.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
I would have hidden the parts.
Better than that I would have been the man to help him out. I would have took about 40 minutes to find the part.

I used to work at NOPI in Atlanta as a Phone Rep and Sales \ Tech guy. I used to love it when people wanted to get short. The dumber they were the longer the service would take.

I used to love to put people on hold and pick the phone up a few minutes later just to ask them to hang on. After about 4 or 5 times of this I would try to help out. At least then they had a good reason for being mad.

There's nothing like waiting 20 minutes just to order a cold-air intake.

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Custom900 said:
I would have hidden the parts.
Better than that I would have been the man to help him out. I would have took about 40 minutes to find the part.

I used to work at NOPI in Atlanta as a Phone Rep and Sales \ Tech guy. I used to love it when people wanted to get short. The dumber they were the longer the service would take.

I used to love to put people on hold and pick the phone up a few minutes later just to ask them to hang on. After about 4 or 5 times of this I would try to help out. At least then they had a good reason for being mad.

There's nothing like waiting 20 minutes just to order a cold-air intake.
Well I think I did see him when he came in. but I don't typically even deal with customers. If I'm getting a part out on the sales floor and a customer asks me something I'll help but other than that I don't have to help them. Technically I haven't been trained to help customers but its not difficult to look up parts on the computer. I don't know how to use the register either so that saves me from doing something.

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
When I run into that kind of asshole working an autoparts store, I promptly leave and go to the next one. Parts stores are a dime a dozen, and there's no way I'm gonna deal with a bunch of jackass dropouts that know less about cars and their parts than I do.
Think I'm gonna stand around and wait for your sorry ass to go find a part back on the shelf for 10 minutes, or provide shitty customer service when there are four other stores within a ten mile radius? :rotfl:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts