Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I pieced together my subframe again and connected the ecm, rectifier and battery. I turned the key, the headlights came on, and park light in the back. I dont have the rear turn signals connected but the connections are there, but when i went to signal, the light on the dash light slightly and stayed that way. I got my voltmeter and went to test voltages back there with the key in the "ON" position. Suddenly, a little click, and nothing. Everything is out. The battery is in great shape fresh of the tender. What do I check first??

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
use a multi-meter set to ohms and touch one wire to each of the tabs on the fuse after you remove it, you should read continuity or all zeros, if it's bad it will read nothing. also don't forget the fuse hidden in the frame area.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks, all the fuses read .1 Ohms so they're good? what else? when the key is turned to on, still nothing happens, no click when i hit the start button. the manual says to test the voltage of the starter and it's at 12.2 or so V....

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
theres a lone fuse on the 929 and 954 thats a pain to find, you'll have to look for it, i've never owned a 929 or 954 but i've heard alot of guys discussing it on here.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ahh found it. it was a blown a 10A fuse. thank you. So simple. alright so now I have light, should by starter button be clicking when i hit it with the key on "on"? because it's silent.

·
Registered
287 Posts
check the main - it's separate from the others - near the battery. To check the fuses with a multimeter, set it to the OHM or RESISTANCE reading - you want to check for continuity. Checking a fuse is sort of like checking some wire: Touch one end of the probes to one end, the other to the other end. If the fuse is complete (say like a piece of wire) you'll see a reading other than 0 (zero).

A reading of 0 (zero) means the fuse is bad.

·
Registered
287 Posts
ahh found it. it was a blown a 10A fuse. thank you. So simple. alright so now I have light, should by starter button be clicking when i hit it with the key on "on"? because it's silent.
Not sure what you mean here - are you trying to start it with the starter button, and you hear nothing?

If so - check your kill switch, and make sure you're in neutral (or, have the clutch pulled in). If that's all a go, you need to check your starter relay..

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nevermind, got that one. Another question, my turn signals stopped doing anything, on my dash, the left indicator will stay dimly lit when i hit the turn signal, the right one is completely dead. Could this be a ground at the back assembly of the tail light??

·
Registered
287 Posts
Could be - the signal staying constant is an indicator of a bad bulb (the circuit is designed to NOT flash when one of the bulbs goes out). Check the bulbs first, then focus on the circuit itself. You can isolate it out by disconnecting all the signals, then hooking them back up, one-at-a-time..

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
so i hooked up one, like it was before, and still, the same issue. no blinking and steady/weak indicator on dash

·
Registered
287 Posts
Ok. Just one LED shorty hooked up, same problem. Try taking the same light, and hooking up to opposite side - we want to try and see if the problem follows the specific light. If it follows the light, you know it's the specific signal. If not, something in the wiring harness.

If it's your harness, you're going to need to follow the wires back towards the controls - that is, from rear light signals towards front of motor. Check any connections you can follow and make sure nothing is grounded/bare wire, etc.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah, neither side is getting any current but the park and brake light both work in the back...ill cut in the tape tomorrow and get a better look.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts