Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

61 - 80 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
i would gladly stop in but my dad is redoing the axels in his truck and i drive a mustang so i have no way to trasport the bike up there... hopeully sometime this week i can get it up there but who knows

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
so i got a question again... when i go to give it throttle when im riding it it kinda bogs down and then it goes but it sounds like someone hitting a tin can when i get around like 8000 rpms

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
so i got a question again... when i go to give it throttle when im riding it it kinda bogs down and then it goes but it sounds like someone hitting a tin can when i get around like 8000 rpms
If you give it throttle below 4000rpm it'll bog because the cams aren't designed to produce real power that low.
Check the HTEV.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
the higher the rpms go the louder this noise gets.. its like metal clanking.. i have no idea i have never heard this before in any vehicle

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
the higher the rpms go the louder this noise gets.. its like metal clanking.. i have no idea i have never heard this before in any vehicle
Any chance of a video?
Hold rags in the muffler so we can hear the engine though.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
that hose is just a drain off its just help if the over flow gets to high it drips out the extra coolant
Yes, but the coolant level in the radiator has dropped so clearly there isn't enough coolant. If there isn't enough then there can't be too much either ;-)

If the headgasket has blown then as the piston comes up on the compression stroke at 150+psi it forces air into the cooling gallery.
Since the cooling system only holds about 15psi the relief valve blows and pushes all the coolant out the overflow. As the piston goes down on the induction stroke it then sucks coolant in where it burns and produces white smoke.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
yeah the engine is not smoking anymore and the coolant lvls are just as high as normal... not losing any coolant anymore... i think it was cooking the excess oil off the new header thats why it was smoking

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
yeah the engine is not smoking anymore and the coolant lvls are just as high as normal... not losing any coolant anymore... i think it was cooking the excess oil off the new header thats why it was smoking
Sounds like it's all okay then - very lucky :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
its not smoking anymore it just has that pinging noise... when i give it throttle it almost starts to sound like a dirtbike... its really annoying and not sure how bad it is but i know its not good

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
its not smoking anymore it just has that pinging noise... when i give it throttle it almost starts to sound like a dirtbike... its really annoying and not sure how bad it is but i know its not good
Any chance of video so we can have a listen?
How old is the oil and is the sump full?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
oil is brand new and its full.... the video will have to wait a lil though since its only 730 am here... bike is pretty loud

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
guess i wont be posting the vid... it wont start at all now... i have no idea... guess its goin to the shop faster than i thought

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
guess i wont be posting the vid... it wont start at all now... i have no idea... guess its goin to the shop faster than i thought
What does "won't start" mean?
Won't turn over or flat battery?

61 - 80 of 105 Posts