Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

81 - 100 of 105 Posts

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
it will turn over but wont fire... i changed out the plugs and now it wont do anything but crank
Do you mean it was firing before you replaced the plugs?
Does the fuel pump still prime?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
it would fire if i manually opened the fast idle unit before i changed the plugs. now it doesnt do anything just cranks

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
it would fire if i manually opened the fast idle unit before i changed the plugs. now it doesnt do anything just cranks
My point was merely to discover if it is not firing because it lacks fuel or spark. If the fuel pump doesn't prime then there will be no fuel flow.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
it primes... when i turn the key i hear the fuel pump turn on
When you did the plugs did you disconnect the fuel injection or the coil harnesses?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
the exhaust smells like gas... i got it running sort of today... when i give it throttle it bogs down like its under load and then the more i give it it finally starts to run normal but thats at very high rpm

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
the exhaust smells like gas... i got it running sort of today... when i give it throttle it bogs down like its under load and then the more i give it it finally starts to run normal but thats at very high rpm
It sounds rich so the first thing to check would be the fuel pressure regulator. Pull the vacuum hose off and see if it has fuel in it.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
what will that do to my engine if its bad?? will it make it hard to start? and rev and idle weird?
Among other things, yes.
Bad fuel economy and your oil may smell of fuel as well.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
yeah cant sleep... but i pulled off the vacuum hose and it is bone dry... no sign of any moisture in there

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
yeah cant sleep... but i pulled off the vacuum hose and it is bone dry... no sign of any moisture in there
I got a few hours :)

Okay, that's good news then and rules it out as the problem :)
Unfortunately, it means we have to keep looking though :)
And I'm running out of ideas.
Are you able to do a compression test?
It may be time to have Chasedaddy01 have a look at it.

81 - 100 of 105 Posts