Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got to ride my 954 after installing my hindle high mount. After I received it I got it polished, it did look great at first, but has allread gone a bit golden rather than shinny silver

I have fitted my pc3, but will get a custom map made in about 2-3 weeks, but made my own custom map by working out the difference between the euro spec 929 and 954 then getting Z's map and adding the differences to get my own custom 954 map. I know this may be miles out, but thought I would try it to see what it's like.

First off let me say this thing is useless, or I should say 1st gear is useless, the thing just wants to wheelie everywhere in first gear with anything more than 1/3 throttle and above 5000 rpm.
I may have lost a very slight amount off the bottom end, but the midrange and top end is so strong, even power wheelies leaning right over the front end and I dont mean an inch or so off the ground I mean front wheel getting fairly high, I can't wait too get the custom map and see if it gets any better

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Congrats on the Hindle/PCIII install. The pic looks good, I thought one of the downfalls to Hindle was the cosmetic's (welds and such) but your system looks nice. Are you referring to just the headers turning color or headers, mid pipe, and can?

Sounds like you have more than enough power! LOL

Any pics of the bike with new Hindle?

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
yeah, those welds are crap . . .

Usually the headers, collector and midpipe turn gold (as aircraft stainless does when heated), but the aluminum can will stay, ummm . . . well it will stay aluminum colored . . . .

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SuperDave :  Are you referring to just the headers turning color or headers, mid pipe, and can?

Any pics of the bike with new Hindle?
The bike has only been riden for maybe 20 klms with the new pipes on, mainly the header pipes have changed color but it is heading towards the muffler.
The muffler will stay polished silver i'm sure as I have have had polished aluminium mufflers before and they do not change color with heat

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nhfirefighter13 : Sooooo, ummmmm, are you happy with it or not?

Sh1t Yeah!!!!
Can't wait to see what it is like once mapped properly.
Once again thanks again for all your help.

Mick

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Will : Crazy antics in first? Is that with stock gearing?
Oh and um........can I ride it  
No offence Will, but no one rides my bikes unless it in the shop for a warranty repair which needs a roadtest, I had an experience years ago, lent a mate a toy with the usual warning 'you bend, you spend', to cut a long story short, he did damage I ended up wearing the cost of repairs, I should have said ex friend.

Yeah the gearing is stock, don't know how it will be when it is mapped, it may feel a little tamer if I pick up some bottom end.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts