Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
johnnycrash : Here's one that bothers me.

Loser - someone who loses frequently.

Looser - to be less than tight.
Ya, 'Loser' should realy be spelled with a 'Z'.
First, because that's how you pronounce it and secondly because those who use a 'Z' instead of 'S' are one.

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts
I know that both are technically acceptable, but the uses of 'ensure' and 'insure' bother me. You should write your account number on your check when making a payment to 'ensure' that you will be properly credited. You 'insure' your home, car, bike, boat, etc.

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
tigerblade : I know that both are technically acceptable, but the uses of 'ensure' and 'insure' bother me.  You should write your account number on your check when making a payment to 'ensure' that you will be properly credited.  You 'insure' your home, car, bike, boat, etc.
Oh man, you just nailed one of my biggest grammatical irritants with that one!

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Pete : Quote (tigerblade @ Oct. 28 2003, 11:18am)I know that both are technically acceptable, but the uses of 'ensure' and 'insure' bother me.  You should write your account number on your check when making a payment to 'ensure' that you will be properly credited.  You 'insure' your home, car, bike, boat, etc.
pete, you really should'nt let this affect you.

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
This crap bugs me almost as much as spiders bug chain.
Besides the aforementioned mistakes and the VIN number/PIN number/ATM machine crap, one thing that REALLY chaps me is when someone pronounces the word 'height' as 'heith'. I seriously cringe at that.

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
figment : Quote (Pete @ Oct. 28 2003, 10:21am)Quote (tigerblade @ Oct. 28 2003, 11:18am)I know that both are technically acceptable, but the uses of 'ensure' and 'insure' bother me.  You should write your account number on your check when making a payment to 'ensure' that you will be properly credited.  You 'insure' your home, car, bike, boat, etc.
pete, you really should'nt let this affect you.
Its effect

1 - 20 of 114 Posts