Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
Wish I could join you but can't. You better bring the woolies though 'cuz it can be freeeezin' at Grattan that time of year!

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My buddy from my dealership called me tonight asking if I wanted to come. Seems like it may be a dealer thing. :idunno: I can attend Sat/Sun for $50, or Sat. only for free. Needless to say I'm all over this deal, it'll give me a good preview of what's to come for the .org days :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
abtech said:
Let me know if there are any openings. Is this the Team Chicago event?
Yeah saturday is run by team chicago. I was gonna go last year but I think it got snowed out.

my bike won't be ready by april :whine:

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
ND4SPD said:
My buddy from my dealership called me tonight asking if I wanted to come. Seems like it may be a dealer thing. :idunno: I can attend Sat/Sun for $50, or Sat. only for free. Needless to say I'm all over this deal, it'll give me a good preview of what's to come for the .org days :)
Damn, for that price I might be interested. I'd be worried about the weather though. Any chance I can get in?

HD

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
vtr996 said:
Yeah saturday is run by team chicago. I was gonna go last year but I think it got snowed out.

my bike won't be ready by april :whine:
Mine will :evilaugh:

I just called Dan and asked if he needed another instructor . . .

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
For anyone who may be interested, Saturday is the annual Team Chicago "Free" racers school. I believe you have to pay something to get into the track. I will be teaching my "Smoothness" class as one of the 25 or so instructors/control riders for the event.

If any experienced licensed racers are willing to donate their time for the day on Saturday, please PM me (instructors ride free on Sunday). This won't be tons of wide open track time (on Saturday) and will require some positive input for the students, so if you are looking for track time only, plan on going Sunday and paying to ride.

This has been going on since the early '90s and Dan Schmitt is a very commited contributor to the sport. When I got back into racing in 91, I took every class I could find and this is actually one of the better ones, as all of the instructors are usually seasoned Grattan veterans and racers. Dan always video tapes the event and features it on local cable around the Chicago area, so it's a great chance to get some early instruction and track time.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts