Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 399 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
abtech said:
The Grattan info thread is locked to keep it short and to the point, so please place any questions regarding the event in this thread.

Thanks!

It looks like I'm going to fall into the 'other brand' category. The Honda is experiencing a wierd shutter under hard braking. :idunno:

So, I'd like to bring my R6 for 2 days if it's okay with the org.members. I'll stay in touch.

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fearj said:
It looks like I'm going to fall into the 'other brand' category. The Honda is experiencing a wierd shutter under hard braking. :idunno:

So, I'd like to bring my R6 for 2 days if it's okay with the org.members. I'll stay in touch.
I'm certain the Honda can be fixed between now and June. Have you checked to make certain the rotors are true?

·
Registered
41 Posts
abtech said:
I'm certain the Honda can be fixed between now and June. Have you checked to make certain the rotors are true?
I changed the pads, front wheel bearings and replaced and bled the brake fluid. That helped quite a bit...but the front shutter is still there when you down hard on the front lever. Maybe there is a slight warp.

I'll pull the rotors have them checked out. Tks for the advise.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Maybe a dumb question, but have you changed the tire since it started?

·
Registered
705 Posts
Here's a dumb ?...Is it OK to go ahead and pay the full amount now, or do you want just the deposit and the rest later? :confused:

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
slowpoke said:
Here's a dumb ?...Is it OK to go ahead and pay the full amount now, or do you want just the deposit and the rest later? :confused:
You can pay the full amount now. Just make certain you mention this fact in the email you send me.

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Got a question related to slowpoke's: Can we pay the deposit now and send in the balance to the same address a few weeks prior to the event, instead of paying the balance at the track?

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HondaGalToo said:
Got a question related to slowpoke's: Can we pay the deposit now and send in the balance to the same address a few weeks prior to the event, instead of paying the balance at the track?
That will work fine, but please mark the second check as "Payment in full" when you send it so we can keep track of all this . . .

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
abtech said:
That will work fine, but please mark the second check as "Payment in full" when you send it so we can keep track of all this . . .
Okeydokey! Thanks for the quick response! Looks like I'll be check-writing tonight! Woohoo!!!!!

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
Thanks abtech for getting all the details hammered out
(been away from the .org for a few days). It looks like this Grattan event is going to be even better than the last! I'll be sending in my $$ for all three days shortly. Can't wait... :thumb: :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
luvtolean said:
Maybe a dumb question, but have you changed the tire since it started?
I noticed the problem shortly after the pads were replaced and lines bled. The tires are new (Avon Azaros) and balanced. I don't think the problem is balancing because there is no unusual vibration or head shake at low or high speed. The shutter only appears under hard braking.

Initially I ruled out a warped rotor simply because you'd expect to feel vibration under all riding conditions. I'm leaning more to a caliper/pod issue. By the way...its a VFR with linked brakes.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Abtech ,The 929 is now a street bike. The Suzuki is my race bike. :hmm: Can I sign up now, or do i have to wait. I asked you this before but I didn't understand your reply. :idunno: For give me, I getting old!!!!!

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
oldgoat said:
Abtech ,The 929 is now a street bike. The Suzuki is my race bike. :hmm: Can I sign up now, or do i have to wait. I asked you this before but I didn't understand your reply. :idunno: For give me, I getting old!!!!!
OK, I only seems fair that Honda riders get first crack at filling the original 25 required slots. Once we have 25 Honda riders or after January 31st (whichever comes first), all .org members are eligible until we hit 40 riders per day.

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts
abtech said:
OK, I only seems fair that Honda riders get first crack at filling the original 25 required slots. Once we have 25 Honda riders or after January 31st (whichever comes first), all .org members are eligible until we hit 40 riders per day.
So you're telling me to buy the 600RR instead of the SV650? :p

·
Registered
871 Posts
abtech said:
Thanks Abtech.

1 - 20 of 399 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.