Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
hokoyo said:
Does it tell you how to get those fairing thread grommets back when they all pop out and scatter over the garage floor? :huh:
Yer, I've already lost on of those, no idea where it went, but I suspect it wasn't there in the first place, the service department at my dealer must have lost one on me. :rant:

·
Registered
119 Posts
matt232 said:
Yer, I've already lost on of those, no idea where it went, but I suspect it wasn't there in the first place, the service department at my dealer must have lost one on me. :rant:
It’s the screw under the right hand headlight, took the middle fairing off to fill up the water reservoir (empty after first service) and the rubber shielded screw grommet fell out. Can’t figure out how to get it back but looks like I may have to take the front fairing off to get at it!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
hokoyo said:
It’s the screw under the right hand headlight, took the middle fairing off to fill up the water reservoir (empty after first service) and the rubber shielded screw grommet fell out. Can’t figure out how to get it back but looks like I may have to take the front fairing off to get at it!
Actually we might be talking about differnet things, I was talking about the metal nut spaces that fit into the fairing grommets, one is missing from my tank fairing (is it call a fairing? :huh: ) now.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
OK, the manual says they are called collars on the tank...
see if any of these help you....

matt232 said:
Actually we might be talking about differnet things, I was talking about the metal nut spaces that fit into the fairing grommets, one is missing from my tank fairing (is it call a fairing? :huh: ) now.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Duke said:
OK, the manual says they are called collars on the tank...
see if any of these help you....

Yep....in the third pic, my service guys lost one of my 'Collars' for the 'Top Shelter'

Yer its just a plastic cover stegen, once I discovered that I've been wondering if I can stick some thin sheets of ferrite metal or some magnets on the underside and still use my magnetic tank bag. Souldn't be too much of a hassle to pull this off.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts