Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
maybe he meant to put it in as brittish pounds? Still dirt cheap at that price...Needed a 954 for my European holidays. Wonder if he'll let my cousin pick it up and ride it home?

Z...

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
NinerPilot said:
I doubt it... Notice all the gold blingy on the wheels and suspension. Then looking at the feedback it is a bunch of womens clothing...
Chris
That would be an indication that the seller is definitely entrenched in the male UK biker market.... :smilebig:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Might be a motivated seller. She is also selling a mint 600RRlink . I don't know if it's a scam, but the 954 looks like it has ohlins all around and OZ wheels. I assume its £6200, not $3350, but it is still a steal.

I've emailed the seller and will inform on the response.

·
Registered
23 Posts
UH, here is the response:

all the components are included in price. the price is in US dollars.
this is all you have to pay.
thanks

[email protected] wrote:

Carole,

Regarding the CBR954 Fireblade listed on ebay, I wanted to clarify the price on the bike. You have it listed in US dollars, was it meant to be in British Pounds? Additionally, the motorcycle appears to have several aftermarket components, namely the suspension and wheels, that would justify a higher price than £6200. Are those components included in the sales price?

Regards,

James Galambos​

Anyone out there in the UK want to check it out?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Mmmm. Lots of Ebay scams going on at the moment. They register false email etc, then sell a hundred pieces of trash for £2 a go to build up a history and rating. Then stiff someone for a few grand for a bike that don't exist :nono:

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
The listing has magically disappeared. Man, you would think someone would change the routine, as this is exactly like dozens of other scams.

I always email them and tell them I want to do an eBay vehicle inspection at my cost (they always have the link in the ad, so they are supposed to comply). They always come back with everything from "Can't, I've got the flu" or "It's at my dad's house and he's out of town" . . .

Hey if you're buying something, you should at least expect them to be able to produce it right?

·
Registered
168 Posts
You would think the authorities would be giving Ebay a hard time over this. I know they claim they are 'just the marketplace, buyer beware', but if you ran a bar and a guy was out back selling stolen DVDs players the Police might have something to say to you!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts