Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from an awesome track day at Arroyo Seco. Unfortunately it was a two day event! Day two was cold and windy. I didn't mind too much until I low-sided. I'm fairly confident that it was too much throttle before I got the bike off of the edge of the tire.

Day one was fantastic, though. 70 degrees and sunny. A little windy in the afternoon, but awesome! There were some crazy-fast ducatis out there in the morning. Rumor has it they were WSB spec. The track owner was trying out the new Michelin Power Ones and he was insanely fast as well.

I got my knee down for the first time and I was feeling pretty comfortable at the end of the day. I should've called it a weekend at that point.

So now I've got some fiber-glass work to do and I need a clutch lever, stator cover, clip-ons, and some replacement Sato rear-set parts.

Overall, it was worth it! I hope I can round up the parts before the next track day!

·
Registered
4 Posts
That sucks bro! I'm glad your ok though... My buddy Ken was out there too.. he high sided his ducati.. I havent asked talked to him yet to find out what happened but he left a voicemail, I guess hes all right if he could use his phone but hes gonna be off track for a lil while.. sounds like everybody had a pretty good time :eek:

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
that sucks man but hey any crash you don't get hurt from isn't all that bad.

I did some fiberglass repair work on my track bodywork today from a crash last September at Calabogie.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, it could've been a lot worse. The bike's back together, now. I have to pull the stator cover again, though. I guess I screwed up the gasket-maker because it was leaking a bit at the track on Sunday.

Two weeks 'til race school!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts