Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm an American ex-pat:patriot: living in Taipei, Taiwan. I've been here 13 years but it has only been 3 years since the government has allowed the ownership of "Big" bikes (anything over 200cc). I'm a proud owner of a 2005 954 FireBlade.

I also have a 1986 Suzuki RG250 Two-stroke which is a little beasty in its own right. (It was imported illegally but not by me!)

I've also owned a Honda 305 Dream, a Honda 500 Interceptor, a Honda 750 Interceptor, a GPZ 750 Kawi, KZ 1000, a 1979 Honda Goldwing, a Suzuki GS 1100, a Suzuki RZX 135 and a Yamaha FZ 150, and something called an MZ 250 from the old soviet bloc countries when I lived in Vietnam back in '91-92. I was unfortunate enough to also own a Jawa 350 (Another bucket of bolts from Czech) and rode it from Saigon to Hanoi before I sold it to an unlucky Frenchman.

I'm coming back to the States in July and buying a 2001 VFR 800 and riding it from L.A. to Pennsylvania to see my cousin before he ships out to Iraq with the Penn. National Guard. Then I'm riding back again -the long way.

Taiwan has a lot of twisty mountain roads and sick twisty coastal roads with two lanes and 500 ft. drops on it's east coast. "Big" bikes are really becoming popular with the locals although they haven't figured out how to fix them.
(My mechanic is an ex-pat Brit)

We have everything here from Harleys and Hayabusas to Ducatis and Augustas.

If I worked my pics right I attached a photo of my bike on the eastern highway in a place called Taroko Gorge. The highway behind my blade was blasted out of the side of the mountains by the Japanese during WW2 and pretty much drops 500Ft. down into the ocean.

I've been a reader for a few months and am happy to be on board!!

Attachments

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Welcome!

I've never got out of Taipei, but I've heard there are some great coastal areas there.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
:welcome:

Glad you get to enjoy modern machinery now.

You'll have a blast riding the US, and the VFR is a good mount to do it on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts