Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I am new to this site so I figured I'd stop by the NOOB section and say hello. My name is Tom and I hail from Salt Lake City, UT. From what I could tell there weren't many people from the area on here but it would be nice to have a place to chat about my bike with others that have them. About my bike...

It's a 2002 CBR 954RR that I bought off a guy in Northern Utah last winter around this time. Last year I put about 8000 miles on her ripping up the canyons of northern Utah. I like to take it out on the local racetrack (Miller Motorsports Park) whenever I get a chance... seems like 1-2 times a year.

Anyway, hello, greetings, salutations and such. If you're w/in a few hundred miles of me maybe we should meet up for some riding!

td

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
Welcome. I too lived in UT. South of you, in Richfield. Then I got smart and mooved away from the snow!
On occasion I rail about some of the idiocy that I see come from UT. Seems like there's a high idiot/capita there. imo. :idunno: And when I go to drive thru Salt Lake and Provo to visit my son who lives there, I think some of the drivers there are worse than in CA! :rotfl:
But we got our lot of 'em too :rotfl: Thankfully we can legally share lanes and filtr thru to the front. Ha!

Anyway, don't mind my off-hand comments. I dont put everyone under the same umbrella :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
NWBackwoods: You should make a trip back down to Miller for the WSBK. It's so much fun to be in the moto racing environment.

oxman1196: I can only afford 1 at this point. ;) I don't think I'd be able to maintain my sanity either... seriously, I went to high school with some Polygs, they're a breed all their own, believe me.

Johndog9: I need to get out of the snow myself. 5 months of riding season just isn't cutting it... and the drivers here are possibly the worst all time. I grew up in central CA (Shaver Lake) part of my childhood and the drivers there are way better. Think about it, UT can barely handle having 2M total citizens, CA tries to get 2M people through rush hour each day and does it. If our population was similar to CA our state would be in a perma-gridlock.

I wish we could lane split out here, except the drivers would kill us... literally.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
oxman1196: I can only afford 1 at this point. ;) I don't think I'd be able to maintain my sanity either... seriously, I went to high school with some Polygs, they're a breed all their own, believe me.

:clap::rotfl:, I have never met a polygamist, interesting!!

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
Johndog9: I need to get out of the snow myself. 5 months of riding season just isn't cutting it... and the drivers here are possibly the worst all time. I grew up in central CA (Shaver Lake) part of my childhood and the drivers there are way better. Think about it, UT can barely handle having 2M total citizens, CA tries to get 2M people through rush hour each day and does it. If our population was similar to CA our state would be in a perma-gridlock.

I wish we could lane split out here, except the drivers would kill us... literally.
Wow! that's a pretty major transition :shocked: Shaver Lake isn't all that far from where I live.
So how many times do you tell people you're from CA :rotfl: That always goes over well there. :cool: Another thing, if you have your clothes from 10 years ago in CA, you'll be right in style in UT. And your haircut too. :rotfl: See what I meant about me railing on UT? :rotfl:

Be safe and watch out. Those UT hwy patrol are no joke. And the little town cops can be pretty challanging to deal with too. Serious. Hope you got your CA bullseye, er, I mean, CA licence plate changed :rotfl:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts