Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  chuckhunter 
#1 ·
So I'm pulling my hair out. I have a 2002 vt1100c2, Shadow Sabre 1100, with 35K. The engine idles great, and until last weekend I have had no trouble with it, but when I went to put it in the garage and let it idle for a minute while I opened the door I got back on and it now won't go into gear- it just stalls as soon as I put it in gear ( had been riding for a couple hours). It doesn't matter if it is first or second, it doesn't hit hard like the clutch is too grabby, it just acts like I turn the key off or shut down the emergency stop. I changed the plugs to NGK irridium, checked things like the air cleaner and fuses, even pulled the headlight to make sure it was getting enough power (although it restarts with no issue once I put it back in N). I also took apart all the electrical connections under the fuel tank and in the headlight to check for odd corrosion, etc just to make sure. Does anyone know if there is a switch or relay that affects the thing when it goes into gear that would interrupt the engine? Thank you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.