Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was about to order a pair of flushmounts from Greggs Customs and i was wondering which color to get. I have a 2002 U.S. Red and Black 954, and I though I should go check the bike out first to make sure I get the right color. Well the faring surrounding the turn signal hole is black, but to my suprise when I pulled back the rubber there was a red strip around the hole. So my question is does anybody have the greggs flushmounts and what color did they get? Did you get the black ones and left the red strip around the edges or did you get the red flushmounts to go with the red strip? HELP!!!!!!! :crying:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
ConqSoft said:
You can't leave the rubber thing on there?
According to the instructions the rubber thing has to come off. Aparantly they machine the flushmount to the size of the hole in the fairing less the rubber thing. Though when I pulled off the rubber thing the black decals don't come all the way around the hole. They come to a point about 3/4" apart, so I guess if I installed the red ones it would look kinda like a red tear drop (?) in the middle of the fairing. :eek: :crap:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HondaGal said:
I'd say choose the black color because red is such a difficult color to match.
I just ordered the Black. If worst comes to worst I'll just cover the red strip with the Black touch up paint. Thank You!! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Well we certainly don't want you to get pulled over because of a color issue. ;) Let us know how things work out. I'd like to see a pic of the lights once you've installed them, if you don't mind sharing. :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
HondaGal said:
Well we certainly don't want you to get pulled over because of a color issue. ;) Let us know how things work out. I'd like to see a pic of the lights once you've installed them, if you don't mind sharing. :)
No problem should have them installed this weekend! (god I sound like my wife with the color issue). :crying: :eek:

·
Registered
16 Posts
bladerider954 said:
No problem should have them installed this weekend! (god I sound like my wife with the color issue. :crying: :eek:

I have the gregs custom flushmounts on my titanium and black 954.
they look awesome, I got the black ones. everything surrounding the hole on mine is black. they do come over the plastic about as much as the rubber piece did.

the rubber piece must be removed.

dont fiddle and try to install them without removing the inner fairings you will end up removing them anyways to get in there to tighten the tiny allen screws.

when installing mine they were just a tad tight in the holes.
Just took a jewelers file and removed maybe 1/32" of material on the aft sides of the fairing holes. barely noticable.

I get compliments on them all the time .

when installing the inner fairings back on just run the wires as they were originally run on the stock signals. through the fairing then up back through the fairing.

·
Registered
122 Posts
OBMCW2 said:
they look awesome, I got the black ones. everything surrounding the hole on mine is black. they do come over the plastic about as much as the rubber piece did.

dont fiddle and try to install them without removing the inner fairings you will end up removing them anyways to get in there to tighten the tiny allen screws.

Just took a jewelers file and removed maybe 1/32" of material on the aft sides of the fairing holes. barely noticable.

when installing the inner fairings back on just run the wires as they were originally run on the stock signals. through the fairing then up back through the fairing.
You guys have a site link for these?! :thumb:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OBMCW2 said:

That was my biggest concern was if they fit into the hole, or if they had a lip covering it. On the black and red 954's there's a little strip around the hole that's red and it's surrounded by the black decals. That answers my question and thanks for the heads up! :smilebig: :thumb:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
roadrash929 said:
Wow!! $110 bucks whoa... these better add 10 ponies as well as being lights.
Yeah they are pricey, but they clean the bike up nice. Then again so do other flushmounts but these just stick out some how..... :idunno:

·
Registered
398 Posts
HondaGal said:

LOL I can see it now... The Fashion Police, aka the Queer Eye for the Biker Guy, pulls you over, wrestles you to the ground... "How DARE you make such a color choice." Unspeakable punishment ensues...

EEEK!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
RedTalon said:
LOL I can see it now... The Fashion Police, aka the Queer Eye for the Biker Guy, pulls you over, wrestles you to the ground... "How DARE you make such a color choice." Unspeakable punishment ensues...

EEEK!
Ewwwwwwwww!!!!! I was think WAY to much into this. Next time I do that somebody bitch slap me!!! :eek: :eek: Although If I got the wrong ones I'll never hear the end of it either. "What the hell did you get the red ones for? That just looks so gay!" :supergay:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Hmmm look a little too flush for my liking, I want the stalks out of the way but I still want to indicate what I'm doing on the road.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts