Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 1989 cbr i just bought, first i would like to know if this bike has transmission fluid because i read somewhere that not all bikes have transfluid, an i checked the oil the other day an it was very thin with a greyish milky color, any ideas? thanks

·
Registered
902 Posts
As far as i know you just use the normal 10w40 not had much to do with these, as for the colour of the oil could very well be down to standing so long and damp and condensation would give you the milkey tecture, empty oil flush engine and refill all should be good

·
Registered
172 Posts
did you start it and let it run for a few minutes? that'll cause the condensation.

try riding it and see if it goes away. a oil change will make you feel better, but once it's riden for more than a short trip it should clear up.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
itll start for like 5 seconds if i spray some starter fluid, The fuel pump was shot when i bought it, i just bought a new one and am waiting for it to come in, i just dont want it to be a blown head gasket

·
Premium Member
32,104 Posts
itll start for like 5 seconds if i spray some starter fluid, The fuel pump was shot when i bought it, i just bought a new one and am waiting for it to come in, i just dont want it to be a blown head gasket
I would highly recommend thoroughly cleaning the tank out before installing the new pump, particularly that there is no rust in there.

·
Premium Member
32,104 Posts
wait if the oil is gray and milky dosent that indicate water in the oil
Generally, yes.
There can be a few causes for water to get in there though and like most problems, being able to help with diagnosis depends a lot on the ability of the owner to accurately describe the symptoms.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.