Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today after doing a long ride in Brooksville, FL (170 miles), I stopped for lunch and jumped back on my bike. Start driving down the road, I notice this sort of high pitch grinding noise when I decelerate. Pull in the clutch, the noise dissapears. Give the bike a little bit of throttle (10%), the noise reappears. As the bike got warmer, the noise became less obvious.

One of the riders that I am with thinks my chain could be too loose, so we head back to his place and tighten it up. Initially, I thought he tightened it too much, but he tells me to go up and down the street and it will loosen... it does just that and the noise goes away.... Well, after riding for 15 miles fairly hard the noise starts to come back again, but it is no where near as loud or pronounced.

I have never had this problem before and I don't abuse the bike. I don't do wheelies, burnouts, or any of that stuff. The bike is 6 months old and has 10,600 miles on it, so it is under warranty. I am planning to take it to the dealer, but I would like to walk in their with a decent idea of what it could before the dealer scams me by charging me a boat load of money trying to diagnosis something that they cant find. :(

1 - 1 of 1 Posts