Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I am working through a starting issue(00 929).At first it would intermitantly die on me but would start again no problem.Then the other day it stoped again and i could not start it.After searching on here i first thought it was a HISS problem(the fuel pump would not prime).then while i had the tank off checking connections i grounded the tank on the frame and it primed.So i rigged up a dodgey tank ground and got it home.
Is the tank meant to be grounded?It doesn't look like it to me.If not then it must be the fuel pump ground?????Not sure.
I have downloaded a wiring diagram and i can't see a earth connection on tank.(is this so there can be no sparks while refueling?)

cheers mark

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I don't think the tank is grounded but the pump should be via the wiring loom. the green wire is the earth according to my handbook - check yours first!!

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
If you take off the seat and look at where the tank bracket connects to the subframe on the left, there's a ground coming from under the tank.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK,Update
Today i ran a new ground and hooked it up to the existing one.Seems to be working.Have not riden since but starts every time so fingers crossed.

mark

1 - 4 of 4 Posts