Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are my other options for grounding electrical stuff on my 929? I currently have things grounded to the negative battery terminal. The bolt wasn't tightening completely (I think that was/is probably causing my MIL to flicker sporadically). I put a new bolt in and it tightened, but it'll probably loosen up again. Between the Autocom, PowerCommander, Alhman's speedo recalibrator, and power plug, I've just got too many things stacked on that negative terminal. The positive side of all are wired in elsewhere. Soooo, where else can I ground all this accessories? :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,390 Posts
If you follow the ground wire from the battery, you'll find the chassis ground. You can add stuff there if you like.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
400 Posts
As stated above. All items can be had fairly cheap at a local car audio store or even a Radio Shack. This will solve all your current grounding needs and will leave room for future add ons if need be.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, guys! I'll look for the battery ground, but the wires may not be long enough to reach. If not, what does a terminal block look like? Something I can purchase at Radio Shack? Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,224 Posts
HondaGalToo said:
Thanks, guys! I'll look for the battery ground, but the wires may not be long enough to reach. If not, what does a terminal block look like? Something I can purchase at Radio Shack? Thanks!
Yes basically it is a means to hook one supply up and get many feeds. Or a car stereo shop example
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
748 Posts
HondaGalToo said:
Between the Autocom, PowerCommander, Alhman's speedo recalibrator, and power plug, I've just got too many things stacked on that negative terminal.
Good Lord HGT!! Ya might need a 2nd battery;) I'll 2nd the Radio Shack stuff, cheap and available everywhere. You'll probably need a couple extra zip ties while you're at it (just a friendly reminder).

BTW- What's a power plug & autocom?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,384 Posts
HondaGalToo said:
Thanks again for the replies/suggestions. I'll be looking into terminal blocks!

Scratch: Here's what an http://www.autocomamerica.com/docs/home.cfm Autocom unit looks like. :D My 929 does street/touring duty as well, so it's a way for me to hook up a family radio for bike-to-bike communication, and my Sirius radio!
Now, you can get all of the wires off of the battery and make it neater under your seat. Guess I need to get out my wiring stuff 'cuz you're gonna volunteer me to help. LMAO :rotfl:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
HondaGal said:
Now, you can get all of the wires off of the battery and make it neater under your seat. Guess I need to get out my wiring stuff 'cuz you're gonna volunteer me to help. LMAO :rotfl:
:nod: :D ...since it sounds like you're offering....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Scratch said:
Of course I learn about the good stuff just as I give up street riding:thumbd:

(Except for "testing").

Satellite radio and comm would have been nice, bummer :rant:
So, who says you can't take street riding up again, hmmmmm??? :p
I like both. Can't see giving up either. A dedicated track bike would be nice, however, so I can stop worrying about binning my beautiful 929.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,098 Posts
HondaGalToo said:
I like both. Can't see giving up either. A dedicated track bike would be nice, however, so I can stop worrying about binning my beautiful 929.
:wstupid: on both counts... :nod:

I dinged up my 929 on it's last scheduled trackday.... :rotfl:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
748 Posts
HondaGalToo said:
So, who says you can't take street riding up again, hmmmmm??? :p
I like both. Can't see giving up either. A dedicated track bike would be nice, however, so I can stop worrying about binning my beautiful 929.
I guess I could. I just feel like I've been pushing my luck for way too long. I'm so ham fisted sometimes I know I'm just inviting disaster. I'm fine when I ride with "normal" people who keep a mellow pace, you know the saying, "when in Rome...." But once I get out there with my nutty friends or by myself all bets are off.

Definately hear you on the dedicated track bike (bake hears ya too:D ). My beautiful gsxr is a little scarred right now, but still gorgeous in my eyes. If I would have known that I'd get bitten by the track bug this hard I would have picked up an '03-'04 track prepped R6/CBR6/gsxr6. Definately wouldn't have felt as bad about tossing one of those down the track and would have saved myself a ton of cash in the process. Oh well, live and learn.

Hey just keeping the off topic tradition alive! Remember when I first joined HGT? :rotfl:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
...threadjack...yup, I remember when you joined! I didn't realize you had an oopsie with your new gixxer though...bummer.

Bake, I may skip my last scheduled trackday this year, then I don't have to worry! :rotfl:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
748 Posts
ahh yes, the "last scheduled trackday" blues...

But I think I said this to Bake before, "Better than the first scheduled trackday!"

Yup, lowsided at t7 at blackhawk. It was one of three things, either the Power's lost grip (would love to blame the equipment instead of yours truly). OR... I got lazy and didn't hang off the bike enough, dragged a hard part and there ya go.... OR>.... I got on the throttle a little too early before getting the bike to a more upright position.

Survey Says>>rider error.:crap:
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top