Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I purchased this 900rr thinking I could revive it. The bike started but ran like crap. The frame was painted but peeling everywhere. The fairing was painted with a spray can. Long story short, a complete basket case. I have another 900rr in mint condition which I luv. So I figured why not, at worst I'll have a parts bike.

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
will be good to watch its progress, had a few basket cases in my time which I brought back to fitness, a real pain in the a**e, but at the same time so satisfying , keep the pictures coming matey ,we'd like to see them (y)

·
Registered
20 Posts
So I purchased this 900rr thinking I could revive it. The bike started but ran like crap. The frame was painted but peeling everywhere. The fairing was painted with a spray can. Long story short, a complete basket case. I have another 900rr in mint condition which I luv. So I figured why not, at worst I'll have a parts bike.
Hi, I built a 98 from bits 3 years ago, it was fun as i wanted to find my own solution to problems and not be constrained by the desire to go 100% OEM. see here ... it's the the frame on left in the plastic bin !

now looks like

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The bike is a 1999 sc33 but it has a 97' fairing on it. The frame had been painted but was peeling everywhere. So I decided to strip the paint off the frame. Boy, was that a task 😓

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes MrPickwick, I have enjoyed the time during the covid outbreak. So I find the icm is off of another bike and has no side stand or clutch switches. The lights and meter have a wire going straight to the battery with a switch mounted on the handlebars. The tach is not working. Replaced the temp sensor so temp gauge is working. The speedo works👍. The rectifier was fried, I had one laying around off a VFR 400, so I made do 😁

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts