Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out the pic!

The dimensions of the 2 forks are the same as far as mounting goes. If you use the GSXR axle you need to ditch the left wheel spacer. You also need to shim the front brakes by 7.5mm if you plan on using the stock 330mm rotors.

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
interesting.
1)What model year are the forks from?
2)Can't you just add spacers on the callipers to move them further back, or is there a clearance issue with the inside of the wheel rim?

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
So its still a 929 wheel?

interesting.
2)Can't you just add spacers on the callipers to move them further back, or is there a clearance issue with the inside of the wheel rim?
the shims he made are visible between the caliper and mount. its exactly what you're thinking of, he just said shim where you said spacer.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
interesting.
Forks are from an 05-06 GSXR 1000

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am waiting on a new brake lever for the GSXR master cylinder to see if will clear the windshield and the throttle cables, but from what i can see it will mount up with no clearance issues. You will also need a GSXR front fender:thumb:

·
Registered
296 Posts
I am waiting on a new brake lever for the GSXR master cylinder to see if will clear the windshield and the throttle cables, but from what i can see it will mount up with no clearance issues. You will also need a GSXR front fender:thumb:
So you cant use the original 929 master cylinder? How about the handlebars gsxr or blade?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
So you cant use the original 929 master cylinder? How about the handlebars gsxr or blade?
You can use the 929 master cylinder and clip-ons.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Check out the pic!

The dimensions of the 2 forks are the same as far as mounting goes. If you use the GSXR axle you need to ditch the left wheel spacer. You also need to shim the front brakes by 7.5mm if you plan on using the stock 330mm rotors.
Are the GSXR forks better than the original 929?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Check out the pic!

did you have to get longer bolts for the calipers or were the original long enough?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts