Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
did i bolt right up..and how does it feel?
Yep, it was a direct bolt on. The forks are the same diameter as the stockers and fit directly into the 929 triple tree. The gsxr master cylinder required the relocating of the kill switch, by 3/8". The front stock rotors are 330mm and the gsxr is set up for 310mm rotors i think. I had to shim the calipers by 7.5mm in order to get the right clearance on the rotors. In doing so you have to have at least 80mm bolts in order to engage enough of the threads that hold the caliper. I tried using 70mm bolts that only engaged 3/8" of the threads, and they actually pulled out. The front axle is the same diameter as the stock 929 but the larger shoulder is actually longer which allows you to not have to use the left wheel spacer. The axle shoulder actually replaces the stock spacer. I don't have enough time on the bike to test it yet, due to the bolts pulling out. I am waiting on my longer bolts atm.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
I don't have enough time on the bike to test it yet, due to the bolts pulling out. I am waiting on my longer bolts atm.
If the 70mm bolts pulled out with 10mm thread depth I assume you mean they also pulled out the thread from the hole?
In which case 80mm bolts will also only have 10mm of thread depth so will probably do the same.
Have you heli-coiled the damaged threads?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If the 70mm bolts pulled out with 10mm thread depth I assume you mean they also pulled out the thread from the hole?
In which case 80mm bolts will also only have 10mm of thread depth so will probably do the same.
Have you heli-coiled the damaged threads?

If you plan on using the 929 rotors, you will need to buy 90mm hardened bolts to replace the original gsxr caliper bolts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts