Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I was out for my evening jont on the RC, when I saw a GSXR1K pull out behind me, it was a long straight, and I was going 50mhp (limit was 40) and he came up on me super fast...I just stayed even throttle, and kept about my business.  

He kept doing the fade back, then slam it right up behind me, over and over...

I soon started to become irritated, and turned onto a road known to be one of the most twisty in the area.  As he followed me, I then unleashed the sound of some very pissed off satos!  

[squid lock]

I was slamming through the mountain turns and pounding the asphalt like it was my worse enemy.  I saw the flicker of headlight behind me though the first turn, then never again.  He must have been a newbie, because I toasted him.

[/squid lock]

The road is one of my fav's, and best known.  Otherwise I would never have done that.  Also on my ride last night I decided I am in heavy need of some rear sets...If my feet were just a little bit lower and a small amount fwd...things would rock!

Now, if that guy was a weathered rider...LOL...I think he would have handed me my ass!

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Rearsets for the RC are only going to go up and/or back, definitely not forward. The Satos are the only rearsets that you can put in the stock position.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
booth23 : Rearsets for the RC are only going to go up and/or back, definitely not forward.  The Satos are the only rearsets that you can put in the stock position.
elcrapo...Its hard to play with foot postion when I am riding, but I felt like a little...well, you know, up would not be bad now that I think of it.  but putting them back..no!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
booth23 : Rearsets for the RC are only going to go up and/or back, definitely not forward.  The Satos are the only rearsets that you can put in the stock position.
I think my Moris can do the stock position

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Mattress : Quote (booth23 @ Aug. 21 2003, 2:57am)Rearsets for the RC are only going to go up and/or back, definitely not forward.  The Satos are the only rearsets that you can put in the stock position.
I think my Moris can do the stock position

·
Registered
525 Posts
I love the smell of smoked squid on the twisties

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
OMG, and from your topic title I thought you were entertaining the thought of buying a Gixxer

Although I'd still love to ride one...

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Bacchus : OMG, and from your topic title I thought you were entertaining the thought of buying a Gixxer  

Although I'd still love to ride one...
Yup, me too.

I'd also like to tak eone for a spin - just to see

Z...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts