Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friggin' jury summons, for July 3rd. I can hardly contain the excitement. Last time ('84?) I was selected for 2 trials. One a shoplifting case, the other some loser breaking into a soda machine in the laundry room of an apartment complex - how very exciting. A (large) cop who lived there saw light in the room and found the idiot stealing change - chased him and did him in with a flying tackle .

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
I served a few months ago on a citation for open storage. Guy left a steel desk in his front yard. Turned out it had a 4sale sign on it and the city did a poor job of telling him what to do about it. We deliberated for more than an hour Anyway, we finaly settled with a conviction and fine of $1, which we (the jury) all chipped in and paid his fine. The the judge said, 'well he'll also have to pay the court fees!' Judges always get the last werd.

·
Registered
626 Posts
figment : I served a few months ago on a citation for open storage. Guy left a steel desk in his front yard. Turned out it had a 4sale sign on it and the city did a poor job of telling him what to do about it. We deliberated for more than an hour   Anyway, we finaly settled with a conviction and fine of $1, which we (the jury) all chipped in and paid his fine. The the judge said, 'well he'll also have to pay the court fees!' Judges always get the last werd.

They had a jury for that?  Seems like a big waste of tax payers money and time.  Do they have nothing better to do in your city?

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
BladeRider : They had a jury for that?  Seems like a big waste of tax payers money and time.  Do they have nothing better to do in your city?
Either you live out in the boonies or you just don't turn on a TV much. Local news is always full of stupid crap like that. Seems like somebody pulled the plug on our society and it's going down the drain fast, very fast

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
i had jury duty once in kentucky, but got out of it cause i was leaving for the army in a week

1 - 9 of 9 Posts