Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any guitar players on board?? :idunno:

I just received my first guitar Taylor 110!!! Just got done screwing around on it for about two hours, fingers are killing me!!

Man i love this guitar, if you do play post up what you got!! :freebird:

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
Newfie TLR said:
Nice set G-Force
Thanks, would like to ad an SG and a Tele to the mix...someday when I win the lotto :rotfl: Of course if that does happen, I'll just have the PRS truck back up to my driveway and start unloading :rotfl: Anyone else see the '52 Les paul on Ebay this week, or the '59 on ebay in england... they only want $ 171k for it :eek:

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Taylor "Big Baby" - 6 string acoustic

Ibanez RG270 w/Floyd Rose Locking Tremolo

Ibanez RG320 ? w/Floyd Rose Locking Tremolo

Amp - Roland Blues Cube 60W
Effects - Boss ME5, MXR Phase 90, Zoom Tri-Metal, Morley Bad Horsie Wah.

I'm just a hacker, I can't put enough time in for practicing and learning more.

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
evl_twn said:
Fender Jazz Bass Special, '86 (p-body)
Kramer Vanguard aluminum neck flying V short scale bass
Hamer Scarab
evl_

Given your motorcycle collection, I had you pegged for some mid 50's Fenders and Gibsons..

I played most of my life, my carpal-ravaged wrists make it less enjoyable now unless I'm really inspired or "feeling no pain." And most musicc today fails to inspire me.

Still have

Schecter Strat (Knopfler era) Birdseye maple neck.

Custom Budzinski thinline (hollowbody) telecaster, mahogany/Joe Bardens/mother of toilet seat double bound... Uses the exact duplicate strat neck as the Schecter, except in /ebony/maple.

Rickenbaker 360-12

Guild D-35 6 string w/ LR Baggs and D-45 12 string

Should never have sold the ES335, dammit. :rant:

I gave my kids the P-Bass and Les Paul. They've taken up the torch I can't hold up for very long.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Your standard Fender American Strat and a Fender accoustic DG-7. It doesn't really matter though because I'm a total hack. I always tell myself I'll spend some serious time learning to play but I don't

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Newfie TLR said:
How are they to play?? I've never had one in my hands, but they have to be the fugliest pieces of wood on the market.
You think this guitar is ugly? You should have seen the Mosrite and the Fender 12-String electrics it replaced.. :rotfl: The headstock alone is a work of art. (Mine has black pickguards in this mapleglo finish.)

Even if I thought it were as ugly as, say, a certain porkyass Suzuki V-twin, it wouldn't have mattered. I remember where I was and what I was doing the first time I heard one on the radio - The Byrds version of "Mr. Tambourine Man" stopped me dead in my tracks... I wondered what the hell that was, some kind of harpsichord? When Hard Day's Night came out, I saw that early 330 and filed it away for the future. There's nothing like the sound, especially coming through a Vox amp. Pure ear candy.

As far as playability, the guitar is not well balanced, the aforementioned beautiful headstock is way heavy for the light hollow body. This model has individually adjustable bridges, if you can believe that anyone would have enough patience to mess with that, and twin neck adjustment rods, so the action is stable. The strings are a bit crowded, so you have to be careful. Although it's stereo and has a mixing knob for the pickups, I've always played it full on the back pickup with the treble all the way up, until I could see people's ears bleed. I also used a volume pedal, because fine adjustments with the Ric knob placement and arrangement was impossible, especially if you played several guitars a night.

edit: Oh, and the value has nearly doubled since I bought it.. :thumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
CBRVFR said:
You think this guitar is ugly? You should have seen the Mosrite and the Fender 12-String electrics it replaced.. :rotfl: The headstock alone is a work of art. (Mine has black pickguards in this mapleglo finish.)

Even if I thought it were as ugly as, say, a certain porkyass Suzuki V-twin, it wouldn't have mattered. I remember where I was and what I was doing the first time I heard one on the radio - The Byrds version of "Mr. Tambourine Man" stopped me dead in my tracks... I wondered what the hell that was, some kind of harpsichord? When Hard Day's Night came out, I saw that early 330 and filed it away for the future. There's nothing like the sound, especially coming through a Vox amp. Pure ear candy.

As far as playability, the guitar is not well balanced, the aforementioned beautiful headstock is way heavy for the light hollow body. This model has individually adjustable bridges, if you can believe that anyone would have enough patience to mess with that, and twin neck adjustment rods, so the action is stable. The strings are a bit crowded, so you have to be careful. Although it's stereo and has a mixing knob for the pickups, I've always played it full on the back pickup with the treble all the way up, until I could see people's ears bleed. I also used a volume pedal, because fine adjustments with the Ric knob placement and arrangement was impossible, especially if you played several guitars a night.

edit: Oh, and the value has nearly doubled since I bought it.. :thumb:
The Jim McGuinn special!!! I had one of those, along with a Broadcaster, 2 Telecasters, a Gibson Everly Brothers, an orginal 52 Les Paul and several Martin acoustics. I had all of these back when they were nice, but plentiful and didn't cost 171K :) . I should never have sold the Broadcaster or the Les Paul, but motorcycles came and guitars went (and vice versa a few times).

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
abtech said:
The Jim McGuinn special!!! I had one of those, along with a Broadcaster, 2 Telecasters, a Gibson Everly Brothers, an orginal 52 Les Paul and several Martin acoustics. I had all of these back when they were nice, but plentiful and didn't cost 171K :) . I should never have sold the Broadcaster or the Les Paul, but motorcycles came and guitars went (and vice versa a few times).

That's right! Before he became "Roger" through a religious conversion. (What kind of religion would make you change your name to Roger?) :idunno:

As a teenager, I turned up my nose at an early '50's esquire because it only had one pickup!! What a dumbass. :banghead:

Got a POS Gibson SG instead. Worst guitar they ever made. Besides the Les Paul low impedence "recording" bass that I also acquired. Ever try playing with an 11 lb guitar? I had to use a giant sponge under the strap, or my arm would get too numb to play..

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
CBRVFR said:
That's right! Before he became "Roger" through a religious conversion. (What kind of religion would make you change your name to Roger?) :idunno:

As a teenager, I turned up my nose at an early '50's esquire because it only had one pickup!! What a dumbass. :banghead:

Got a POS Gibson SG instead. Worst guitar they ever made. Besides the Les Paul low impedence "recording" bass that I also acquired. Ever try playing with an 11 lb guitar? I had to use a giant sponge under the strap, or my arm would get too numb to play..
Actually the "real" 52 Les Paul had a chunk of lead in the body to stabilize it for Les after he had his elbow pinned in playing position after a nasty accident. I think mine weighed something like 15 pounds or so . . .

Yep, once Jim changed his name, he went nowhere fast. If you remember Dionne Warwick added an E to the end of her last name for a short time to change her numerology ID. It didn't work, as she shortly split with Baccarach and David and produced some 6 less than memorable albums until she changed it back to Warwick and hooked up with Barry Manilow.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts