Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was making a right hand turn onto a road and I saw there was gravel, but clearly I didn't know just how much there really was. there was gravel, sand, and large rocks, and once the front tire went, there was literally nothing I could do except fall and do a safety roll.

I'm so grateful for the frame sliders, as they did a hell of a job at keeping the damage relatively minor. Rear brake lever got bent, fairing got a puncture and rash, and the turn signal will need replacing. Front brake lever got the smallest of scuffs, as well as the mirror. Luckily, nothing else on the bike got any cosmetic damage, not the tank, handlebars, nor anything else. I'm happy that the bike can be restored to mint with minimal work

I can't put into words how upset and angry I was when it all happened. it's as if time had stopped when the bike went from underneath me, and I remember thinking "this isn't happening right now, no way".

I'm also very grateful for my riding gear. If I hadn't been wearing my gloves and riding jacket, my palm and shoulder would be impaled with rocks. My leg is banged up (i think the bike landed on my leg a bit) and has some rash. goes to show jeans offer minimal protection but overall I'm fine. I'm now a diehard advocate of riding gear.

Anybody know where I can get an OEM right side fairing for my '02 954 in the silver black and red color theme? anyone selling one? cheers and ride safe everyone. Gravel sucks.

·
Banned
831 Posts
Statistical data analysis is being taken to test the theory everyone may fall in their first 5 years of riding. How long have you been riding? When you saw the gravel, sand, rocks, what stopped you from proceeding at a slow upright speed to avoid a fall rather than just do a safety roll? Curious, did you drop this within your first 5 years of riding, and is this your first mishap?
Are you under 21 years of age?
13 year old bike, you might find Ebay the only answer. 2002 2003 Honda CBR954 954RR 954 Right Side Fairing | eBay

·
Registered
33 Posts
Good to hear that you are okay! Happy repairing ;) hehe
And wear riding pants and boots o_O

·
Registered
28 Posts
Happened the same thing to me two weeks earlier. It sucks big time. i had my stator and my stator cover replaced. crank case welded, and some work on the left side fairings. That scene with the bike scuffed and all that engine oil beneath it..ARRR!!!! This is my fourth year riding, and that's the first time i lay my bike down. there's basically not much to do when you face gravel and sand on a non ABS bike, especially when they're in a place you cant really see them clearly while riding.

Always wear your gear, thank god for the knee pads in my case, and Happy repairing!! :)
Cheers!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Statistical data analysis is being taken to test the theory everyone may fall in their first 5 years of riding. How long have you been riding? When you saw the gravel, sand, rocks, what stopped you from proceeding at a slow upright speed to avoid a fall rather than just do a safety roll? Curious, did you drop this within your first 5 years of riding, and is this your first mishap?
Are you under 21 years of age?
13 year old bike, you might find Ebay the only answer. 2002 2003 Honda CBR954 954RR 954 Right Side Fairing | eBay
I'm 21, and have been riding since I was 18. This is my 3rd bike and I've never had any rider error experiences, nor any other crashes/drops. This was the kind of death trap that would catch me out even after 20 years of experience.

Also, thanks for the eBay link, but this is my 'Blade

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Happened the same thing to me two weeks earlier. It sucks big time. i had my stator and my stator cover replaced. crank case welded, and some work on the left side fairings. That scene with the bike scuffed and all that engine oil beneath it..ARRR!!!! This is my fourth year riding, and that's the first time i lay my bike down. there's basically not much to do when you face gravel and sand on a non ABS bike, especially when they're in a place you cant really see them clearly while riding.

Always wear your gear, thank god for the knee pads in my case, and Happy repairing!! :)
Cheers!
Sorry to hear that man. I was so angry I was furiously chrucking the rocks at the nearby stop sign haha

1 - 6 of 6 Posts