Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently been considering installing H.I.D.'s on my 07 1000rr and was just wondering if anybody else had any experience, pros and cons, or tips as to what brands or where to buy. Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright thanks for the help man. Just wondering tho did you do the 35 or 55 watt kit? I know the bike is supposed to have 55 watt bulbs stock but i don't know how that works with H.I.D.'s. Thanks again.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have the 35watt kit installed and its a beauty. I tried to install the 55watt kit in my high beams but the wiring was too small and i got some flickering, im waiting for DDM Tuning to send me the larger wiring so I can get those beauties hooked up.

i took the bike into the hills when i had all the lights hooked up and it looked like sunrise as I came over a hill :clap:

·
Registered
74 Posts
definitely go for the DDM tuning hids as i can attest for them. I have a 55w 10k in my 954 center and a set of 35w 10k slimline for my car and a st of 35w 10k for my truck and they all work well and the store is in san diego. They also come with a lifetime guarantee just make sure to save your receipt.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Where did you hide everything on the 954? I am in the process of wiring mine in and still trying to find a good hiding spot, zip tied to the upper was not accomplishing the clean install look i was going for :idunno:

·
Registered
37 Posts
i would appreciate pics Iceman, I am at the end of my rope. Did you have to use the wiring harness with the 55w? I was trying to do my hi and low beams and it is just turning into a headache.

I might end up just buying a G35 Infinity :thumb:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.