Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My HISS system on my 2002 954 stopped blinking when i turn the bike off. normally, it blinks on and off for about 24 hours before automatically turning itslef off to save the battery. but a few days ago it just stopped altogether. i'm wondering if it could be the led light inside the gauge cluster that has burned out?? if so, is it a huge hassel to take the gauge panel off and look to see if the light needs replacing?

BTW, The HISS system is only on european 954's.

thanks

·
Super Moderator
14,706 Posts
The Hiss blinking system can be turned off. Have you been playing with the control buttons at all. If you have you may have accidently turned it off. Just a thought.

·
Registered
24 Posts
hold the select button down for coupla seconds until the hiss flashes at you, then it will be activated again... otherwise you got loose connection or faulty battery.the l.e.d are quite reliable:D

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, thanks., that makes sense. yes, i was playing with the control button after trying to reset my clock on my gauge cluster. it all becomes clear now.

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
The Hiss system can be a pain in the butt at times... If it isn't broken or stopping you from riding, don't worry about it.

I never knew about the light thingee ma giggy, you learn something new everyday!

If you need help setting the clock, do a search on the forum. There are millions (well near enough threads about it)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, i got my clock set but i can't figure out which button to hold down to get the HISS light to come back on when the bike is turned off. i don't have an owners manual so if anyone knows the answer to this problem please let me know. thanks.

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
I should say you have to do it when the bike is off - try holding the buttons for about 5-10 seconds each. Worth a try.

·
Super Moderator
14,706 Posts
Well, i got my clock set but i can't figure out which button to hold down to get the HISS light to come back on when the bike is turned off. i don't have an owners manual so if anyone knows the answer to this problem please let me know. thanks.
1. Turn the ignition switch ON.
2. While pressing the right control button simultaneously press the left control button. The clock will be set in the adjust mode with the minuite display flashing.
3. Turn the ignition switch OFF within 10 seconds.
That what it says in the book .:thumb:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep, that worked Macca! thanks a million. crazy technology. it would be absolutely impossible to figure that out on one's own. i just assumed that the LED light burned out or something to that effect.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts