Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to you all,

My first post and a rather dull question for you, sorry.
Rather than going down the route of getting a HID conversion (might still do it though) Is it an easy fix to get a H4 bulb conected to the H7 harness?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
ratzuk said:
Hello to you all,

My first post and a rather dull question for you, sorry.
Rather than going down the route of getting a HID conversion (might still do it though) Is it an easy fix to get a H4 bulb conected to the H7 harness?

Thanks
We were just talking about this in another thread

·
Registered
738 Posts
I was researching this too.Didn't see mention of PIAA H7 Bulbs.They claim to use 55w put out 110w. Are they any good compared to stock & do they use more then the specified 55w?

·
Registered
902 Posts
No. Unless you like to convert the H4 bulb to the H7 base so it can fit in your headlight assembly.

Want to hear something funny? I had a pair of H4 HID bulbs and wanted them to fit in my H7 bike. The H4 bulb/servo assemblies were too long to fit in my bike. I took the bulb out of the H4 servo assembly (moves the element between the high and low position) and mounted it onto a gutted out H7 base. I attatched it with high temperature exaust mender (ceramic glue,) silver solder, and heat shrink.

·
Registered
45 Posts
G-Force Junkie said:
Try the Phillips Vision Plus H7, direct replacement and much brighter. Dont wast your time or moneywith the cheap ones, blue ones, etc.

Try the sylvania silverstars..They are supposed to be the best ones sylvania makes at the moment for those that dont want to spend the money to convert to the HID.. They are 55w like the stock ones, so you dont have to worry about the bs you do if you were to buy the bs cheapy blue/green/purples or whatever ones.... I have them in my truck and just got my set delivered today for my bike.. If they are anything like they are in my truck, they are a good purchase for the money.. Just my 2 cents...

·
Registered
738 Posts
dattaway said:
No. Unless you like to convert the H4 bulb to the H7 base so it can fit in your headlight assembly.

Want to hear something funny? I had a pair of H4 HID bulbs and wanted them to fit in my H7 bike. The H4 bulb/servo assemblies were too long to fit in my bike. I took the bulb out of the H4 servo assembly (moves the element between the high and low position) and mounted it onto a gutted out H7 base. I attatched it with high temperature exaust mender (ceramic glue,) silver solder, and heat shrink.
Why would I have to convert an H4? They make an H7.Have you looked at the PIAA's?

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
If you somehow fit a H4 into a H7 socket you will have a bad beam pattern, dimmer lighting on low beam and have to have a few backups pre-modified just in case one burns out. Then you will have to run a bunch of wiring to compensate for the extra connections, relays for the extra load......and for what, so you have poor lighting and a maze of bad wiring?

·
Registered
622 Posts
I have silver stars on mine. Nice and bright with out have to modify the wiring and housing to use an H4. Not as exspensive as PIAA, just as good.

·
Registered
45 Posts
CBR Riding Fool said:
I have silver stars on mine. Nice and bright with out have to modify the wiring and housing to use an H4. Not as exspensive as PIAA, just as good.
Yup. Cant beat em for $30/set and no mods required... :thumb:

·
Registered
25 Posts
KJ's RR said:
I was researching this too.Didn't see mention of PIAA H7 Bulbs.They claim to use 55w put out 110w. Are they any good compared to stock & do they use more then the specified 55w?
I used to have the PIAA bulbs, and while they are a slight improvement over stock, they are still a 55W bulb. None of these aftermarket bulbs (H7 or H4) are going to be fantastic. If you want top-notch lighting, spend the $299US (I got my 5000K kit at HIDynamic.com), and get a proper HID kit. It's one of the best modifications you can make to your bike.

·
Premium Member
4,302 Posts
+1 for silverstars, 36$ @ Wal-Mart and these are by far the best off the shelf lighting mod ever. I didn't actually buy them for the HID effect but can definetely see a genuinely bluer hue when looking at stray light.

Second to those are the Xtra's GFJ mentioned, thats whats in my KLR and it has survived a good beating off road and still bright as heck :)

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
I seem to remember reading that Honda's H7's aren't quite H7's or something. they are slightly different for the blade - or am I just confusing facts from something else long ago?

Z...

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just fitted the PIAA Powersport Extreme White Plus H7's, along with a
Xenon Blue for the little centre light to even things up, and they are definitely brighter. Also altered the aim of the 2nd high beam only so I can run with both headlights on all the time.
Next up ... PCIIIUSB
Tony :clap:

·
Registered
164 Posts
When getting HID, www.hidplanet.com carries an H7 adapter so that you can use a D2S bulb with the OEM Honda H7 reflectors. However, since the OEM Honda reflectors were designed for halogen, there would be quite a bit of glare for oncoming traffic. A better idea is to retrofit your OEM reflectors with HID-ready projectors such as Valeo (Audi), Bosch (BMW) or Hella (Benz), (ie. retrofit projectors into high beams since HID may virtually eliminate the need for high beams.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Zeeman said:
I seem to remember reading that Honda's H7's aren't quite H7's or something. they are slightly different for the blade - or am I just confusing facts from something else long ago?

Z...
The H7's fit into an adapter ... when I pulled out the bulb, I thought I'd bought the wrong ones ' cos the manual doesn't mention this fact. However, once I'd figured it out they fit fine.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts