Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I get up early to go to a job interview at some staffing firm in Boston. I'm going along and get in the left lane cause no one was there so I'm doing like 50 for a good bit then hit a huge puddle (the rain had slowed a couple minutes earlier) which starts pulling me towards the concrete barriers. so I'm turning right and after a couple seconds in which I get about 2 inches away from the barrier the car shoots right into the next lane and I'm perfectly straight. luckily no one was in that lane. My "practice" sliding in snow every winter helped.

so that was the first part. then I get off the highway and the directions are wrong (I thought they'd be right cause it had a new part of exit 20 in there). Stupid Big Dig. so I'm driving around Boston looking for the street and just happen to come on it. cool I get there only 15 minutes late (woulda called them but my cell phone is like 4 years old and sucks ass and hardly ever has reception now. interview is fine, they're calling this company Harvey and should call me either later today or tomorrow. It's a warehouse/driver position. Only a straight truck not a tractor trailer but whatever I'll take it. It's a temp to perm position so atleast I'll have something for the time being.

Then on my way home something shoots up from the road and hits up underneath my car right under my ass. when I got home my left front tire was missing the trim ring around the rim and the tire was flat. so I tried to put air in it but it has a hole on the inside sidewall so it can't even be patched so now I need a new tire. So I think the puddle causes the trim ring to come off and the thing that hit me caused the flat tire.

Oh yeah and it cost me $12 to park for less than an hour. I only had $13 on me.

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BDA116 said:
You didn't mention to this DRIVING firm that you had problems DRIVING to the interview did you?
well they aren't specifically a driving firm but hell no I said nothing about it. But that puddle was huge and blended in perfectly with the road. if there was a car in the carpool lane next to me they got covered. That was the closest I think I've come to being in a major accident while I was driving.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Man, driving in Boston has got to be the worst of any city in the US.

I got off a plane and jumped in my rental with my Yahoo directions to the hotel. An hour later I got there.

Did I mention I had to piss, bad, the whole time, and I never once saw even a gas station?

Longest hour of my life...

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
I smoked a puddle last night doing about 50 on the bike. It was about 6-8 inches deep. I didn't see it until the last second so all I could do was just nail it. Didn't hydroplane at all, miraculously. That was definitely a sphincter-clenching moment.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Good luck, it sounds like you could some. :thumb:

I'm just thrilled that I no longer have to drive in Boston. I left before the big dig started and it was horrible. We used to go an indoor climbing gym and parking was a waste, driving in at night was like trying to put a condom on while wearing mittens in the dark. Oh I Hated Bean town traffic and roads. But then again I lived in rural NH outside of Nashua, we only had one paved road in my town. Long Live Hollis :clap:

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
JAMI6989 said:
Probably would've had more money on your if you had a goddamn job! :idunno:
Not a fair judgment. I have a great job but never have cash. Each night while I sleep, the fairy wife sneaks my wallet and replaces my cash with lint. So there are reasons for a lack of greenbacks...... :D

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
JAMI6989 said:
Probably would've had more money on your if you had a goddamn job! :idunno:
actually it was the $22 I spent on like 8 gallons of 87 octane. I started filling it up then wondered why the gap between gallons and total price was increasing so fast. So I looked at the price $2.66/gallon, holy goddamn hell it was like $2.44 the other day.

If it wasn't for all the goddamn rain I would have taken the bike.

driving in Boston anytime near rush hour sucks ass. You might as well just jam a q-tip in your ear and try to pull it out the other ear, its that much fun. Has to be some of the worst traffic in the country if not the world.

I'm just amazed I found the street I was looking for but I had an idea where to look since me and my friends have gone riding through Boston a ton of times. At night Boston isn't bad at all.

But for anyone who doesn't live here, the city is a nightmare. Basically visitors have a couple of choices: take their lives into their own hands and rent a car or trust a taxi driver with your life. The subway isn't too bad if it takes you to the place you want to go.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
CBR929RE said:
But for anyone who doesn't live here, the city is a nightmare. Basically visitors have a couple of choices: take their lives into their own hands and rent a car or trust a taxi driver with your life. The subway isn't too bad if it takes you to the place you want to go.
I'm gonna claim BS on that one right now. The last time I rode the T, I was on the orange line, and some dude was stabed in the next car. Boston is pretty from the air though :D

Come-on say it for me, "Peabody" It's P Body not Pbiddy. Sorry couldn't resist

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Crash said:
I'm gonna claim BS on that one right now. The last time I rode the T, I was on the orange line, and some dude was stabed in the next car. Boston is pretty from the air though :D

Come-on say it for me, "Peabody" It's P Body not Pbiddy. Sorry couldn't resist
Well you rode on the worst line, of course someone is gonna get stabbed on the orange line. But really the T isn't bad at all. I don't know how easy it is to use the buses cause there are about 8billion routes in Boston.

Now you say it with me Wooster. I don't care that its spelled Worcester. And it is Pbiddy, and don't forget Medfud (not Medford) and Dorchestah.

and a real person from Boston knows you can't pahk the cah in Hahvahd yahd because its a pahk with grass not a pahking lot.

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Don't forget Winchestah. By far the best was listening to people trying to say Worcester, especially giving directions, they got all phuked up when you say Wooster and look at the map. "Hey that's not on here, there's a Wor-kest-er.:rotfl: :rotfl: Ah only in New England.

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I knew there was more. Here's another I just thought of Billrica (really spelled Billerica).

I think we should have a pronunciation key on our maps up here.

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
That's a good one too. When we moved to New Hampshah we lived in Windum, spelled Windham, and Pelhum(Pelham) was right next to it. Just to the north was Manchestah of course.

{edit} Forgot another really good one Gloucester, that was always interesting as well.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
CBR929RE said:
and a real person from Boston knows you can't pahk the cah in Hahvahd yahd because its a pahk with grass not a pahking lot.
:clap: :rotfl:

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Oh shit Billrica - Oh bad memories...

How about Quincey or Quinzy if you know the lingo :clap:

I didn't go to school in Na-shu-a I went to school in Nashwa. Daym bunch of phukin retaads

Okay sorry to jack your thread man

Where's NH, he should be all over this thread. Or is he off at the cuafee house in Derry

1 - 20 of 22 Posts