Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Rossi Boots.
Australian work boot company. These things were the definition of comfort!
I'm not sure if it was a one off (I bought them at the Sydney Bike Show in 2005), or if they just didn't 'make a splash', because these boots were THE shit!
Anyway, I wore them for 15 years! The tread had that shiney rubber look of junkyard tires that somehow still hold air after 15 years.
I'm not sure what happened, but one day they were fine, and the next day, the right heel was hanging off the boot, all the way up to the arch!
All the foam inside was dry rotted and crumbly. No chance of repair.
I don't like ANYTHING on offer at the moment!
Any ideas? I wear a US size 12.

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've decided to take a chance on THESE.

TCX Fuel waterproof Motorcycle Boots

They have 5 years of good reviews in different languages, so can't be all bad....

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rossi Boots.
Australian work boot company. These things were the definition of comfort!
I'm not sure if it was a one off (I bought them at the Sydney Bike Show in 2005), or if they just didn't 'make a splash', because these boots were THE shit!
Anyway, I wore them for 15 years! The tread had that shiney rubber look of junkyard tires that somehow still hold air after 15 years.
I'm not sure what happened, but one day they were fine, and the next day, the right heel was hanging off the boot, all the way up to the arch!
All the foam inside was dry rotted and crumbly. No chance of repair.
I don't like ANYTHING on offer at the moment!
Any ideas? I wear a US size 12.
View attachment 109687
If you can imagine these painted red, I think you would then have Superman's boots from 'Superman Returns'...
(I mean, why not? I had a Police Bike from the movie, it's not hard to think that Rossi boots were used as well (the whole thing was filmed in Australia)

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So, an update on the TCX boots: OhmyFREAKINGgod, are they just SO comfortable!
The only downside I see is the top.
The top is a little loose fitting, and allows cool air to come into the boot, and wrap around my foot.
Given the heat at the moment (or the general fact that the Earth is heating up and cool days will soon be a memory), it's not such a bad thing.
However, I am curious as to how much rain and drip water will make it down to my nice dry tootsies!
I am thinking about stitching in a fur trim ring on the inside, but I'm not sure how that would look....

Reactions: Gunk
1 - 5 of 5 Posts