Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
At least the view didn't suck. :)

Got a pic of Baltimore (the stadium had the lights on) and a bit of Winnepeg for anyone who's interested. :thumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
phobiaphobe said:
What were you doing in Winterpeg?
I didn't have the pleasure of dropping in there. I just noticed (a little too late) that the weather was clear enough to see the city. It's a shame I didn't realize it sooner and get a better pic. We could see EVERYTHING.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Beautiful pics. I am sorry that you had to work though. Hey, I'll be your backup just as soon as you get the spinners installed!

Seriously, I wish I could still fly for a living. Enjoy while you can, and look out for that Santa guy who is going to mess up flight plans pretty soon.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
maxib said:
Beautiful pics. I am sorry that you had to work though. Hey, I'll be your backup just as soon as you get the spinners installed!

Seriously, I wish I could still fly for a living. Enjoy while you can, and look out for that Santa guy who is going to mess up flight plans pretty soon.
Sorry you're not flying. What happened?

We're short of funds as it is, and I don't think spinners are on the list. Maybe I can learn to use the hydraullic systems to bounce the nose into the air. :D

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
NinerPilot said:
I too envy your job Dux... was my first choice in college, but a few terroist bastards dropped the bottom out of the market...
Chris
Yeah, the commercial market is out for me too.

It's like most other jobs. Very satisfying and even fun at times, but it sucks at others. I've been to bed once since Thurs night if that makes you feel any better. :D

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
phobiaphobe said:
DOes it ever feel like you're just driving a big bus? Or is it always a thrill to fly?
There are so many things to know about the plane, regulations, instruction, etc... that I don't think it will ever feel like driving a bus. While we do carry passengers, our main mission is to move stuff. Accomplishing the mission, and knowing that you've delivered things that can make a big difference to a lot of people (especially our troops) keeps it interesting and rewarding.

Admittedly, it does get boring sometimes. Especially when you've been up for 20+ hours and you know you've got a long way to go on a night route. Boring can be good though. We're paid the bucks to know what to do and how to handle the situation when/if the :hitfan: and it happens more than I care to talk about. :D

Coffee is a big help, and I try to keep in mind that I'll be home soon. However, we've got folks who are away for a year or more that are in much less comfortable conditions. I try to remember that whenever I feel like bitching.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
DUX said:
Sorry you're not flying. What happened?

We're short of funds as it is, and I don't think spinners are on the list. Maybe I can learn to use the hydraullic systems to bounce the nose into the air. :D
I forgot to put the kickstand down once! :O Well, the truth of the matter was not having decent bp for passing the physical. That was a long time ago. I'm okay now, but other things got in the way. I never got to fly the big birds, so I like when you talk shop! BTW, do you remember what the score was when you flew over that stadium?

<Dopeslap smiley needed here> Just like SSG, I extend my thanks too! I should have thought of that the first post. <another dopeslap needed here>

The mental image of a Galaxy bouncing down the taxiway is priceless! Don't forget to crank up the radio.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Very nice. :thumb:

I'm jealous :(

My son is in his final year at uni and i'm encouaging him to think of a career in the RAF. He's taken up gliding with the university flying club and loves it. I've put him in touch with a fellow I know in the RAF, Loadmaster on C130s. He's promised to get my son a day on base with a crew preparing for a flight somewhere. You never know :idunno: Maybe I'm just trying to live out my dreams via my son. :O

1 - 20 of 25 Posts