Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mmmkay, so I disabled my pair system (thread with pics coming soon), started getting everything buttoned up, and found a vacuum/vent/supply line that I accidentally unplugged.... maybe? It would be the fuel tank vent line, comes down to a "T", one side acts as a vent/overflow and runs to the bottom of the bike, one side runs to the tank itself (of course), where in the Lord's holy name does the last end go?!?!?!?! Please a quick answer so I can get this beast back together lol...

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
P.S.- I checked through 496 pages of motorbike manual and came up empty handed....

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The picture in the manual shows the end I am referring to going over the exhaust servo-motor, but does not show a terminal connection for it.... nor is it long enough to reach any further.... put the air box lid back on and fired her up... no leaking, no MIL light..... seems okay..???

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is one end for that, runs to the bottom of the fairings, but why the "T" in the line if there are going to be 2 lines for overflow???

·
Registered
3 Posts
if it has carbys look to the left carby manifold there is a pipe that goes back to vacuum that takes vapours from the tank

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
'02 954 would be fuel injected....

Went out for a pretty long ride, nothing leaked, no running problems.... I guess I'll just leave it drooping over the servo-motor for the HTEV lol...

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
if it has carbys look to the left carby manifold there is a pipe that goes back to vacuum that takes vapours from the tank

That doesn't sound right, engine vacuum to the fuel tank would be a very bad thing.
Where does it connect to the tank?

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Two connectors on the tank. The larger one is the overflow. The smaller one is the vent (which does split into a T line, one end goes to the left side of the bike, the other to the right).

·
Registered
17 Posts
i ran into the same dilemma, searched manual and no answer either so i connected the one line and and figured the other two were fine just hanging out..

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Two connectors on the tank. The larger one is the overflow. The smaller one is the vent (which does split into a T line, one end goes to the left side of the bike, the other to the right).
Yes, it is/was the vent line and the manual just showed it stopping at the servo-valve motor on the left side, the "right" one goes down in front of the swinger just about dead-center.

I guess I got it right, I did notice it pulled "off" with almost no pressure, which lead me to believe it wasn't hooked up in the first place. Well, luckily my presumption was correct this time.... Thank you all for the answers whether correct or miles off, at least you tried to help, but Sky certainly nailed this one =P

1 - 11 of 11 Posts