Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Bladers et al!!!!!!!

Just a quick note to say have a safe and happy and enjoyable season, a lot of us have our bikes tucked away for the winter but to those who still get to ride....have a turn of the throttle for the rest of us:grin

Take care

ox

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
This is where both of mine will stay over the holidays, too cold and damp, plus far too many family commitments on to sneak out for a cheeky ride. :frown

Happy Christmas and a very prosperous New Year to everyone, I’ve enjoyed the forum this year although at times it has been rather quiet and non-eventful, it’s a great bunch of like minded people and some first class technical knowledge, let’s all make a resolution to keep it active in 2018 and try and encourage some new members. :whisper:

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Coincidentally today is the day of the winter Solstice. As I write this, it's only 4h and 28m away, happens at 16:28GMT. For me this is the real start of the year, from this moment on the days get longer. Christmas and the arbitrary placed january 1 are recent additions, the real festival of Yuletide goes back a lot longer, possibly to prehistoric times. So I'll be having a big fire in the back yard tonight, and a drink. Or two. Happy New Year.

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Coincidentally today is the day of the winter Solstice. As I write this, it's only 4h and 28m away, happens at 16:28GMT. For me this is the real start of the year, from this moment on the days get longer. Christmas and the arbitrary placed january 1 are recent additions, the real festival of Yuletide goes back a lot longer, possibly to prehistoric times. So I'll be having a big fire in the back yard tonight, and a drink. Or two. Happy New Year.

That sounds like a great idea, along with a cigar and a glass of wine. It will be around 40 degrees (F) here. My girl and I are planning to do a Christmas day ride. Should hardly be anyone on the roads. Cheers All!

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,655 Posts
Hello Bladers et al!!!!!!!

Just a quick note to say have a safe and happy and enjoyable season, a lot of us have our bikes tucked away for the winter but to those who still get to ride....have a turn of the throttle for the rest of us:grin

Take care

ox
Somebody must have hacked Ox’s account thought he was on the naughty list this year :eek::nono:

Enjoy you holidays sir, hopefully the org can regain some action this spring :thumb:

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds divine friend!

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Somebody must have hacked Ox’s account thought he was on the naughty list this year :eek::nono:

Enjoy you holidays sir, hopefully the org can regain some action this spring :thumb:
:eyebrows: you can't keep an old Ox down too long:laugh.....all the best to you and yours my good man!!!

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That sounds like a great idea, along with a cigar and a glass of wine. It will be around 40 degrees (F) here. My girl and I are planning to do a Christmas day ride. Should hardly be anyone on the roads. Cheers All!
Twist the wrist for us helpless Canadians!!!!:smilierr:

·
Super Moderator
14,687 Posts
Seasons greetings Trendsetters. Hope its been a blast for you all.
My Christmas has been a tad turbulent to say the least this year. Off work with a crook knee since 15th Dec, (there's not much call for a one legged carpet layer I've found)

, plus packing the house up to move to Yeppoon, 15 hours drive north from here at Old Bar. So not much riding being done just a quick 3 day trip to see the family for Chrissy and back into the packing as the truck leaves Tuesday next.
Stay well and wishing you all the best for the new year Trendsetters. Macca.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts