Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't someone here on the forums buy Hard Racing's red and white 929 that had a bunch of mods? It had the serpeants, erion cams, pcIIIr and others, Hard Racing claimed that it dynoed over 150rwhp. Just wondering if the lucky individual who purschased the bike ever dynoed it or ran it against say a gixxer 1 to possibly substantiate Hard Racings hp claims.

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
3cRider said:
Didn't someone here on the forums buy Hard Racing's red and white 929 that had a bunch of mods? It had the serpeants, erion cams, pcIIIr and others, Hard Racing claimed that it dynoed over 150rwhp. Just wondering if the lucky individual who purschased the bike ever dynoed it or ran it against say a gixxer 1 to possibly substantiate Hard Racings hp claims.
That claim seems somewhat insignificant in light of the fact that several members on the org have/had 929s that dynoed well over 150 bhp without cams.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I understand that you (Abtech) had or have a 929 that dynoed over 150rwhp. I believe it had a hindle and pcIII as well? Were your dyno runs with race fuel(or a higher octane than my CA 91 swill)? Most of the 929's on the boards with full systems seem to be in the upper 130's to upper 140's. Who has reached over 150rwhp on a 929 without race fuel? Also, what were their mods? Im getting ready to dyno my bike and most of my parts (Serpents, pcIIIr, FactoryPro stacks and Fiberglass CAI's) have come from Hard Racing. Some of the guys down at HR gave rwhp claims that seem to be Significantly higher than most similarly moded 929's on these boards. I understand that all bikes are different due to tolerances, break-in prodedures and the degree of abuse when ridden, I was just curious if my bike would dyno remotely close to what Hard Racing said it should. I also understand that dyno's are different,there is alot of "corrections" that can be done to increase the printed hp as well as variations in atmospheric conditions. I guess im just asking if their claims are uncommon.
Thanks

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
3cRider said:
I understand that you (Abtech) had or have a 929 that dynoed over 150rwhp. I believe it had a hindle and pcIII as well? Were your dyno runs with race fuel(or a higher octane than my CA 91 swill)? Most of the 929's on the boards with full systems seem to be in the upper 130's to upper 140's. Who has reached over 150rwhp on a 929 without race fuel? Also, what were their mods? Im getting ready to dyno my bike and most of my parts (Serpents, pcIIIr, FactoryPro stacks and Fiberglass CAI's) have come from Hard Racing. Some of the guys down at HR gave rwhp claims that seem to be Significantly higher than most similarly moded 929's on these boards. I understand that all bikes are different due to tolerances, break-in prodedures and the degree of abuse when ridden, I was just curious if my bike would dyno remotely close to what Hard Racing said it should. I also understand that dyno's are different,there is alot of "corrections" that can be done to increase the printed hp as well as variations in atmospheric conditions. I guess im just asking if their claims are uncommon.
Thanks
Beyond the exhaust/pc111 combo, the largest gain in HP was from gutting the airbox and running oxygenated fuel with a custom map. The airbox/fuel combination netted between 13 and 17 HP depending on the relative air density at the time. Since the CAI system could only be tested on track, I am certain it added some small amount of power as well, it just didn't make any difference on the dyno (contrary to Hard Racing's claims). My bike was broken in with 3 standing heat cycles (fully cooling between each one) an oil change and then a race the same day. (I also noted a 2 to 3 hp difference by changing from 15W40 synthetic to 0W30). I also worked with a dyno operator that didn't have a "problem" setting the A/F ratio to 12.8 to 1 which made a significant difference with the oxygenated fuel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts