Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my handlebars. I have some weighted bar ends, and recently it's gotten worse. To the point, I can't feel my hands after riding even 30 mins.

What else could be the culprit?

·
Registered
252 Posts
what do your tires look like... I'd start there... I bet they are out of balance..

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
victoRR said:
On my handlebars. I have some weighted bar ends, and recently it's gotten worse. To the point, I can't feel my hands after riding even 30 mins.

What else could be the culprit?
A chain that is too tight can make the bars harsh. Check to make sure the chain is in proper adjustment.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Negative on the gripping bars too tight.

Affirmative on the tires, wearing down which I assume would mean harsher ride, still in balance though.

Affirmative on the chain being a little too tight, added a little eensy weensy bit of slack.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I have found, through my problems with PCIII, that maps (or the proper working of maps) can affect the smoothness/vibrations all the way down to the footpegs. I have been ALL over this bike the past 3 years trying to eliminate or control the buzzing/vibrations that will drive my hands and feet to numbness.

My recipe is as follows;
Nice clean, lubricated chain at proper slack (1 3/4" )
If PCIII equipped, verifiying proper map loaded (and operational in my case)
Nice fresh oil change and filter (regular or synthetic)
New plugs and air filter when necessary
Starter Valve Synchronization for idle and overall smoothness in throttle response

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SuperDave said:
Starter Valve Synchronization for idle and overall smoothness in throttle response

I've read all over this board of the Starter Valve being mentioned. What is the significance of this part and how can it be adjusted? More info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
victoRR said:
I've read all over this board of the Starter Valve being mentioned. What is the significance of this part and how can it be adjusted? More info would be appreciated.
Starter Valve Synch is Honda's term for synchronizing all four throttle bodies, yes, even on fuel injection systems. Some Honda dealer techs have not heard of it, but it's right there in the manual. Basically the vacuum is set and non-adjustable on throttle body #1, you equal out the other three using a guage (Morgan Carbtune II or similar) and adjusting the 7mm nut for each (#2,#3, and #4). The idea is that all (4) are in synch with promises of better gas mileage, smoother response, smoother idling, etc.

Do a search as there's been quite a few threads.

I've done it several times, I think the manual suggest every 5,000 miles, and I can tell the difference. I had this nagging vibration, bike would hual ass, but that vibration (even at low speeds/rpm) drove me crazy.
I changed my plugs, air filter, oil, Starter Valve procedure and the bike was like new, I could fly into the rev limiter just as smooth as butter.

Others have done the Synch only to have it purring at idle.

There's more info out there, hope this helps.

Edit: Here's a link that shows pictures of the CarbtuneII Morgan Carbtune II

1 - 10 of 10 Posts