Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
Yes sir! I've had mine for almost 4 years now, the only hassle is if you break a peg or toe spigot, you have to order from Harris in UK. They have no US distributors. But they deliver pretty quick, it just takes a big swallow to ante up for their ridiculously expensive shipping and tax.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes sir! I've had mine for almost 4 years now, the only hassle is if you break a peg or toe spigot, you have to order from Harris in UK. They have no US distributors. But they deliver pretty quick, it just takes a big swallow to ante up for their ridiculously expensive shipping and tax.

How are they comfort wise? I've never owned a bike with rearsets before. I'm looking for anything that will alleviate my back pain.

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
Well, the riding position of a RC51 already puts you into the pretzel position! I'm not familiar with the ergo of a 900. So I really have no idea if you will get more or less leg room. But they're adjustable so I imagine you can find a comfortable position with a little experimenting.
You can also lift the bike with them, since the pegs don't fold. That can be handy.
And the pegs are designed to be the sheer point. So if you go down, the (affordable) pegs break, leaving enough thread to use a bolt for a temporary peg, and the rest of the body of the rearset is undamaged. I know, my bike has had three wrecks, two on the right side, one on the left, and all three times, it's the pegs that break and the rest of the rearset is untouched.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess I'm just looking for ways to make my ride a bit more comfortable for the long haul. i'm not looking to change the handlebars or put risers however.

any thoughts?

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Right off the bat I would say invest in a Corbin or Sargent seat! I recently got to test one out (unfortunately not on my 954), they are definitely worth the money. That will at least help keep some strain off your arse on longer rides. Rear sets are nice, but most of the time they are purchased to increase ground clearance by moving the pegs up and back (more sportier position) for track use. Not sure if they would have a "more-comfortable" setting on them v. stock rests. Other than that a slightly taller windscreen can help you from taking a wind-beating.... always an issue on my 140mph cruises down the interstate =(

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
^ :plus1:

Keep your stock seat tho, for track days. I cant use my sargent seat for serious hard riding. Great for long trips tho. Comfort. :thumb:

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
^^ Forgot about that. You won't get much for your stock seat on fleabay anyway, so it is better kept around for harder riding days or track days. Couldn't say how the sargent or corbin does as I was on another person's bike, so I took it very easy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts