Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Got back on a Fireblade last week - bought a sweet RRV in pretty good condition. Had to put some new headers on (got some Delkevic ones - great service and a quality product, recommended) as well as a new rear tyre and one of the rear pads had shed and scored the f*** out of the rear rotor so had to sort that too.
My bike has a Harris screen brace in situ - I quite like the way it looks but is there any other benefit to it? It attaches to the yoke rather than the normal tank screws. Guess maybe for clearance if a steering damper was to be fitted (it isn’t)? Thinking about painting it black to match the original cowl stays.

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,055 Posts
Yes, the main reason for the stay was to allow for a specific style transverse steering damper to mount where the normal brace would terminate at the head of the fuel tank, using the two fuel tank mount bolts. The Harris stay makes that damper mounting possible.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Ian, much as I suspected. I guess it’s aluminium so maybe a tiny bit lighter for that extra 0.1 second off the mountain course time ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts