Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The reason being an American distributor claims to have a significantly better product for around 300.00 more than the ones from Ebay. I sent an email to them about it and they offered to give the location of a dealership that uses their replacement fairings for comparison, but I and anyone else looking for quality replacement fairings, needs someone who has actually seen the Ebay fairings to take a look.

·
Registered
737 Posts
The reason being an American distributor claims to have a significantly better product for around 300.00 more than the ones from Ebay. I sent an email to them about it and they offered to give the location of a dealership that uses their replacement fairings for comparison, but I and anyone else looking for quality replacement fairings, needs someone who has actually seen the Ebay fairings to take a look.
Personal opinion ..... if it's not OEM parts there WILL be some modifying to make everything fit proerply. You'll also have to get heat sheilding so you don't melt the FACK out of the plastics!

·
Registered
197 Posts
So far there have been very few reports on ebay fairings that required no modifacation to fit properly. But for the price I know I do not mind doing a little tweeking.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Personal opinion ..... if it's not OEM parts there WILL be some modifying to make everything fit proerply.
I bought fairings for my katana. The paint finish was excellent but the fit was just okay. They are made of vaccum formed ABs and are significantly lighter than the oem pieces. when I was test fitting a piece, I broke an atachment pin on the back side. I needed to reposition a couple of the pins to help them fit into the rubber gromets. I also put extra glue around all the other attachement points. With that being said, I went ahead and ordered a set of Rothmans liveried fairings for my 1000rr. I'll do a build thread when they come in.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have some on a 02 954rr the blue/black scheme. Every mount hole had to be opened up as they were not finished when they came out of the box. The paint was very nice and most of all they line up good just took some extra time with a dremel for the mount holes. Also keep in mind they are made a little diff and they are not as flexible as OE. That makes it real hard to get the tail section on.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thay came from selectautomoto and I think they are out of business. They were selling on ********** thats how I found them but now they will not return e-mails.

·
Registered
272 Posts
do NOT do it bought a whole kit from hong kong for my old bike 929 fitment was complete **** farings cracking felt like i had to force them to get them on even in some what of the right location buy used oem or something else an yes you will need heat tape if you buy these garbage farings

·
Registered
662 Posts
Personal opinion ..... if it's not OEM parts there WILL be some modifying to make everything fit proerply. You'll also have to get heat sheilding so you don't melt the FACK out of the plastics!
i have hong kong fairings on my bike,the front cowl and tail didn't fit but the sides fit,all i had to do is stick a screw driver in the holes to make the hole big enough for screws

and i don't use heat shielding and i don't have any kind of melting : )

its just impossible to get welnuts in the holes for screws so i had to cut mine in half and put the bottom half of the nut behind the fairing and the top half on the other side..it kind of sucks but my bike looks pretty damn good

·
Registered
95 Posts
I Purchased some Hong Kong Fairings off of Ebay about a year ago. I was impressed with the paint and finish, and the holes were drilled through. Only issues I had was the fitment. I had a couple of small cracks develop that were fixed with plastic cement as a result of pulling too hard.

All in all I was satisfied for the price. I ended up using 1/4in sheets Dynaliner from Dyonmat for heat shield/noise. glad I hot it because There was some major heat hitting the plastics around the radiator and cases.

·
Registered
54 Posts
My Hong Kong eBay fairings arrived with a fantastic paint job, were a royal pain to mount, and suffered a catastrophic failure on the freeway. Going about 90 on a straight (no traffic), and the right side just blew off the side of the bike. Cracked around the headlight hole.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My Hong Kong eBay fairings arrived with a fantastic paint job, were a royal pain to mount, and suffered a catastrophic failure on the freeway. Going about 90 on a straight (no traffic), and the right side just blew off the side of the bike. Cracked around the headlight hole.
...and that, ladies and gentlemen, is what I'm most concerned about. Turns out the closest dealership, to me, that uses their fairings is in Whiteland, IN. It's about an hour and a half away so I'm gonna pack up my oem fairings and drive there with a dial caliper and a few other measuring tools in hand to inspect and compare their fairings to OEM.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I live in southern Indiana incase you wanna check mine out sometime. By the way mine have been on since july and have held up great I have been drag racing this bike and has been 110mph in the 1/8th mile and no cracks or split mount holes.

·
Registered
57 Posts
...I'm gonna pack up my oem fairings and drive there with a dial caliper and a few other measuring tools in hand to inspect and compare their fairings to OEM.
You won't need a caliper to see that they are very different than the OEM. Knock on wood I have not had any problems with my Chinese fairing since I installed them.

It's really hit or miss. There are quite a few manufacturers and each of them will have varing levels of quality. Some are better than others but finding which one is the best from a picture on ebay will be a crap shoot.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I've purchased this from hong kong like 3 years ago, was ok had to do some adjustments but the upper cowl was not aligning up with side fairings one could tell that differnce. had to paint the tank to match the fairings too.
mix pics 201.jpg

mix pics 202.jpg

·
Registered
129 Posts
alot of people said if your gonna get fairings get them from auctmarts there a little more but they gaurentee them to fit or they will ship you new ones check it out on ebay or auctmarts.com

·
Registered
71 Posts
I bought the Movistar Kit off Ebay from Auctmarts and the only prob I have is that the Lower Fairing pieces melted a little. I am going to have to find stock pieces and have them painted. 06 CBR1000RR

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yes sir I did! I put the stock heat shielding on the new pieces and I also HEAT rapped the exhaust.....
Its just bad plastic down there. I haven't had any other probs with the plastic melting except for those to pieces.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts