Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get a gear indicator for my blade and have found this Healtech GIpro X-type - GIpro X-Type

I have read some positive independent reviews about it and just wondered if anybody on here has got one or had any experience with one?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I want to get a gear indicator for my blade and have found this Healtech GIpro X-type - GIpro X-Type

I have read some positive independent reviews about it and just wondered if anybody on here has got one or had any experience with one?
I have the GLPro ds type on my blade ,simple to fit and programme works very well,No more looking for 7th gear on the motorway

·
Registered
146 Posts
Did it keep up with your gear changes ok?
I recently installed the GIpro on my 08 CBR1000RR. It works really well, was easy to program and it looks like it came with it from the factory. It will not show what gear you're in if the clutch is pulled in. You have to be moving or it just shows a dashed line.

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What colour did you buy Jeff?

My backlight on the dash is orange, I'm not sure whether to get the red or yellow coloured one. Somes pic's that I've seen look orange like yours does.

How does the indicator attached to the dash?

Stefan.

·
Registered
146 Posts
What colour did you buy Jeff?
I have the red one. I know the pic looks orange but that isn't my bike. I liked the location of where that one is mounted and I copied it off another forum.

It attaches with double-sided tape and then I tie wrapped the wire to a wire harness running down the left side of the frame to the diagnostic plug under the seat.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers Jeff!

I have ordered the 'yellow' one, but from all of the images that I Googled, yellow is actually orange.

I will post a fitting guide when it arrives. :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have Acumen DG8 in my -08 Blade. It seems to be working just fine. I buy that because it has auto dim function. It's good in the lete night ride.

Display cover has a poor bonding. It has come off couple of times when I wash my bike. I have to find out how to glue it back on before I lose it.

·
Premium Member
32,104 Posts
Hello,

Now in new Bikes all have the Gear Indicators. It will indicate whether it is in Gear or not..otherwise it will notify you.

Thanks
Dave Smith
Actually, this thread is about a device that indicates _which_ gear you are in. All bikes have a neutral light to tell you if you are in gear.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I recently installed the GIpro on my 08 CBR1000RR. It works really well, was easy to program and it looks like it came with it from the factory. It will not show what gear you're in if the clutch is pulled in. You have to be moving or it just shows a dashed line.
hi roadijeff, u know how to install this gear indicator in 2010 cbr 1000rr C-ABS model? i can't find the RED color diagnostic connector.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Hello,

Now in new Bikes all have the Gear Indicators. It will indicate whether it is in Gear or not..otherwise it will notify you.

Thanks
Dave Smith
Gear number indicator displays are nothing new and have been around for years.
For example, Suzuki had digital gear indicators on their GT550 and 750 models from 1974.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.