Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
rear stand? or know where i can get a drawing of one for a 929? i was thinking that i should have my fabricator whip somethin up for me...winter and all. i'm looking for a set of drawing that i can download and give to him. i have found them for the F4I, but not the 929.

thanks

·
Registered
576 Posts
A friend of mine made mine. Sorry I obviously don't have any drawings, but if you have a tubing bender and a welder I don't see why it should be any problem at all.

I can snap some photos of it if that will help you.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
that would be great...i'm gonna have him start on it in the morning, so if you could by any chance get the pics before then, that would be great!!

post here or email to [email protected]

still looking for drawings if anyone knows of any.

thanks

·
Registered
576 Posts
Soupy said:
that would be great...i'm gonna have him start on it in the morning, so if you could by any chance get the pics before then, that would be great!!

post here or email to [email protected]

still looking for drawings if anyone knows of any.

thanks
Not sure if I can get them that fast. I'm going to be putting a long day in at the office. Check back this evening.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I got my pitbull for $129.99 at the dealer and I have never been happier. Its SUPER strong and the quality is #1. Just buy a nice one and you will be happy.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hhmmmm....i can build one for about....well....free. :) this will be more cost effective!! :)

if i was gonna purchase one, it would be the pitbull, though.

BTW...is there any way to build this thing so as not to use the "spool" design?

thanks

·
Registered
576 Posts
Sorry this has taken me so long.

The stand is 1-1/4" steel tubing, welded at each joint. It's basically 4 pieces, two legs that support the bike, the "U" shaped piece and a handle. There is a threaded piece of steel welded into each leg to receive bolts that hold the adapters for your spools or whatever you have on your bike in place. The legs that support the bike are 12" tall. 4" of that length is below the "U" shaped piece. There is 16-1/2" between the two legs that support the bike. The "U" shaped piece is 15-1/2" from where it's welded to the legs to where the handle is. The handle is 13" long, welded at some angle you can figure out as you go I'm sure. There are female threads in the ends of the legs to accept the bolts that secure the spool adapters (if you have spools) or, as in my case, you can use pit bull adapters for the 929's offset swingarm.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts