Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know how the scuff came about, I don't remember. The stator cover is 90 and the clutch cover is around 140 plus taxes. For 250 I am sure I can fix these ones as there are no cracks or breaks. I enjoy doing this kind of stuff. I just don't know about polishing them? I think it would look cool, but I don't know how well it work. I think it would be easier than doing the rims, and lots of people have done that....
Strip, polish and clear coat, would that be it?

·
Registered
221 Posts
you have to remember that the cover is magnetically bonded to the bike... i don't know what all of this abrasion and coating would do to that relationship. 90 and 140??? What kind of bike are we talking about here? My 2008 Blade has Woodcraft I bought new for 70 (Stator). OEM I can get for around the same price. You may find one on ebay or craigslist for less. Just have to do a little hunting.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its a 929, those are prices from a dealership in Canada. I was looking last night at woodcraft prices and I don't remember seeing anthing below 150 for the stator, I thought it was closer to 225 USD. I would buy the woodcraft in a heartbeat but I am on a budget. And really, there is nothing wrong with the ones I have, the scuff isn't really visible. I just thought that I might be able to refinish them and save some money and learn something in the process :)

·
Premium Member
32,104 Posts
you have to remember that the cover is magnetically bonded to the bike... i don't know what all of this abrasion and coating would do to that relationship. 90 and 140??? What kind of bike are we talking about here? My 2008 Blade has Woodcraft I bought new for 70 (Stator). OEM I can get for around the same price. You may find one on ebay or craigslist for less. Just have to do a little hunting.
The cover is not magnetically bonded to the engine.
The magnetic pull is due to the rotor on the end of the crank.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.