Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Edit: completed, product arrived. See post #6

Well? Have you or do you know someone who has used OyoCycle?

After putting in an order for this for my 954rr: Injection Fairing kit for 02-03 CBR900RR 954 - Red, Black - Flame #OYO87904881

I waited just shy of a month for "shipping". About 3 weeks in, I found a facebook thread where there were a few reviews claiming fake tracking numbers, and people not getting their shipments. I finally asked for a refund. Their next email was asking why I wanted a refund. I sent my reply. Their next response was claiming (wouldn't you know it, shucks!) it shipped already!

No tracking number. International, huge box, no tracking tho. Cool.

I open a dispute with paypal. They are currently reviewing.

A few days later they update a tracking that is a fedex label going from CA to my state. They claim that when it shows up, they will be using this label to ship it to me.

I am very sketched out by this. I am also bummed. I could have found the same color scheme elsewhere, and had it by now. I used them because they actually have the white Honda logo where it is. The shame is, I could have simply added a decal there myself. But I wanted the quality of having the decal under the clear coat.

Elsewhere, I currently have an invoice for carbon fiber swingarm and frame covers I am wanting to pay for but I am uncertain if I want to invest any more money if I have already been scammed.

I am really hoping someone can put me at ease. But clarity knowing for sure they are scammers would be useful also. In the facebook thread there were also people who claimed to have gotten product. But you just never know, they could be bogus accounts. Site is super professional looking, they respond very quickly, and they take paypal... if they were scamming they would have to be buying new paypal accounts on the regular to maintain cus they would loose their paypal quickly.... It is the paypal detail that has me hoping still that I will get my fairing kit.

Thank you

·
Registered
207 Posts
I would sit tight just yet, the Chinese have a very long chain to start their delivery, you could be looking close to 7 wks , here in UK if your unlucky you can get a shipping/VAT charge from the Post Office /Customs but not always the case, If you return them generally you have to pay post, so just take a deep breath at present(y)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would sit tight just yet, the Chinese have a very long chain to start their delivery, you could be looking close to 7 wks , here in UK if your unlucky you can get a shipping/VAT charge from the Post Office /Customs but not always the case, If you return them generally you have to pay post, so just take a deep breath at present(y)
Haha man you answer every single one of my threads. At this point I should just message you directly :) Thank you.

As far as I know the customs/tax charges for incoming international shipments its pretty rare in the USA. Im def familiar with bringing stuff in from overseas... but thats also why this trackingless month of shipping to the USA followed by a fedex label waiting for me sketches me the hell out. If I had no shipments, and I needed to keep paypal and the banks calm long enough to handle business, this is one way to do it. Ive personally never seen no tracking number for a high value item, followed by a domestic tracking stateside. That is new to me. I can imagine how and why it can be legitimate... but it is also a great way of freaking out your customers.

Ive heard from a post on FB they get shipped to a freight company in California that then breaks up their large freight into their individual domestic shipments.

I ended up ordering the carbon fiber frame/swingarm covers, anyway. So if all goes according to plan, I will have that faring scheme and carbon fiber frame/swingarm covers. Truly it will be worth the wait if all is legitimate.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well what do you know, boys. It looks like a package showed up at the receiving location. Looks like a big box of fairings arrived. Will be picking them up in the morning and will so a review. I'm so pumped!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Fuel tank

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Bicycle tire Vehicle Automotive tire

It was all black before, but it was oem plastics painted black by the previous owner. Looked decent but obviously not great. These are beautiful, the red is gorgeous. Makes me think of doing the undertail in red 🤔 maybe.

Doesn't line up perfect in 2 spots but overall went on about as easy as you could possibly want chinese aftermarket fairings to fit and they are beautiful. Compared to my vfr800 fairings these are top top tier. And honestly they look top teir and I am very happy with them.

I am moving to Tennessee in about a month and I have my carbon frame/swingarm covers going to my brothers house out there. Can't wait to finish the bike off. Very happy. A little lame my first day riding to work is in the rain though! Paranoid a little lol

All is good oyocycle a+ just prepare to wait 2 months.

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
I recently hit a deer and will be in need for new fairings for my CBR, Would you
recommend buying from these guys? Any feed back would be helpful. Ty

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I recently hit a deer and will be in need for new fairings for CBR, Would you
recommend buying from these guys? Any feed back would be helpful. Ty
Im very happy with them. Like I said, only 2 screw holes needed modification (making larger than normal, oval slightly) to fit properly. There were otherwise two holes that were simply too small for the screw, so needed to be made larger, but not because of fitment. They otherwise fit right on. Ever since putting them on, I have had compliments on the road each and every day I have taken the bike out. The paint looks beautiful. If you can wait 2 months for the kit, I can definitely recommend.

Im pretty sure the kit was like $530. I remember buying a kit on ebay of fiberglass for $450 for a vfr 800 and these oyo plastic fairings are so so far above in terms of quality. Sure I got the vfr 800 fairings quick, they were domestic but originally Chinese. But when you finally get it in the mail, if its high quality, it will always feel worth it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts