Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
The HTEV openings are a little smaller than the openings in from the header. Not as smooth an airflow over the valve area. The Hass eliminator's holes are the same size as the ones on the header, no valve obstructions. No more HTEV rattle.

Firebladder.....is that when it burns when you pee?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Is there a way to leave all the cables hooked up and just remove the baffles in the HTEV valve? You know, let the servos still work, they just won have anything to turn.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Brian929RR said:
Is there a way to leave all the cables hooked up and just remove the baffles in the HTEV valve? You know, let the servos still work, they just won have anything to turn.
No, if you removed the valve from the HTEV you'd have a pretty turbulant air path now and most likely would cause some power loss.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have a modified htev on my bike. I am currently running a modified Eliminator map on my 929.

1) The Eliminator's pipe size is 1.5, while the htev valve's is 1.4. The stock pipe is 1.5, so the Eliminator is better matched for less turbulence there.

2) The Eliminator is smooth internally. The htev valve is not. In order to convert the valve, you must remove it, then take the internals out and flip them 180 degrees. Then you need to take hi-temp metal filler and fill in the edges of the mechanism. Then you have to file it down smooth. It's still going to be 1.4 though.

Solution: Buy the Eliminator and be done with it. Takes just a few minutes to install and is fairly affordable - unless you're broke like me. As soon as I can afford one, I'm getting it.

·
Registered
252 Posts
DavidGS said:
Solution: Buy the Eliminator and be done with it. Takes just a few minutes to install and is fairly affordable - unless you're broke like me. As soon as I can afford one, I'm getting it.

:pointup: :rotfl:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts