Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay...I have been thinking about selling my Jardine slip-on for my 954 and buying a full exhaust. However, I will probably lose money on my exhaust and it will cost alot for the full system.

Does the hass eliminator acctually give good gains? I have seen the dyno chart on the page etc...just wondering if anyone here has done it and would highly recommend it....also, is there any negatives from it?

It also says it comes with a map for the PC's....I have a PCIII USB and a slip-on jardine exhaust, so do the maps that come with it work with any slip-on or what?

Thanks for any help guys!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
252 Posts
Trust me.. Best $130 I have spent on the bike... Since you already have the slip on, put your faith in Hass and he won't let you down. :evilaugh: And yes, you will get a map that fits your bike well. However, as always, a custom map has and will always help.. :eyebrows:

I have yet to hear anyone that was not 100% happy with the gains.. :clap:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
129 Posts
VA929RR said:
Trust me.. Best $130 I have spent on the bike... Since you already have the slip on, put your faith in Hass and he won't let you down. :evilaugh: And yes, you will get a map that fits your bike well. However, as always, a custom map has and will always help.. :eyebrows:

I have yet to hear anyone that was not 100% happy with the gains.. :clap:

Here's one!

Actually, I do think I am the only one I've heard of, too!

I have a 2001 CBR929, put the eliminater in along with the map and PCIII and had the following issues:

Poor gas mileage (dropped from 35mpg to 28mpg at best)
Rough, wandering idle
Poor mid-range power
and an almost non-existant low-end to the point where I had to slip the clutch a ton just to get moving.

All of these items started when I installed the unit and dissappeared when I removed the unit and went back to stock.

However, Ryan Hass has been great to work with, he sent me 3 or 4 different maps to try, and even looked up my phone number to call me personally to work with me on it. He went well over and beyond the call of duty for a $130 part to make me satisfied.

All I can say from my experience is it didn't work for me, but everyone else I've heard has said good things. I finally just pulled it, went back to stock and have it sitting on my bench at home. Someday I will try to install it again, but for now overall driveability has to me been much better stock.

Just a second opinion...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
252 Posts
miweber929 said:
Here's one!

Actually, I do think I am the only one I've heard of, too!

I have a 2001 CBR929, put the eliminater in along with the map and PCIII and had the following issues:

Poor gas mileage (dropped from 35mpg to 28mpg at best)
Rough, wandering idle
Poor mid-range power
and an almost non-existant low-end to the point where I had to slip the clutch a ton just to get moving.

All of these items started when I installed the unit and dissappeared when I removed the unit and went back to stock.

However, Ryan Hass has been great to work with, he sent me 3 or 4 different maps to try, and even looked up my phone number to call me personally to work with me on it. He went well over and beyond the call of duty for a $130 part to make me satisfied.

All I can say from my experience is it didn't work for me, but everyone else I've heard has said good things. I finally just pulled it, went back to stock and have it sitting on my bench at home. Someday I will try to install it again, but for now overall driveability has to me been much better stock.

Just a second opinion...
I'm shocked.. :huh: But I'll buy it from you.. :evilaugh: :evilaugh: I have friends who want them now...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
799 Posts
miweber929 said:
Poor gas mileage (dropped from 35mpg to 28mpg at best)
Rough, wandering idle
Poor mid-range power
and an almost non-existant low-end to the point where I had to slip the clutch a ton just to get moving.
I have seen the issue with the low end, and a little into the mid range. I did have to re-adjust my idle after I installed and the RPM does move a hair back and fourth from what stock did, but nothing serious. I'm happy with the top end, but I would like to see alittle more of my bottom end come back. Going to try and change some stuff on the bike and get it custom mapped. Otherwise I'm pretty happy with it, there were some noticeable gains in the top end of things.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
122 Posts
Sirkbac said:
I have seen the issue with the low end, and a little into the mid range. I did have to re-adjust my idle after I installed and the RPM does move a hair back and fourth from what stock did, but nothing serious. I'm happy with the top end, but I would like to see alittle more of my bottom end come back. Going to try and change some stuff on the bike and get it custom mapped. Otherwise I'm pretty happy with it, there were some noticeable gains in the top end of things.
Ditto that.. lost tad in the low end but from about 4-5K to redline it pulls like a freight train.. definately worth the 130 and more.. I changed the idle up a tad at first but I think its back to the original position now.. yes Haas is a very nice and great person to work with.

I just did away with the flapper and getting ready to tear the road up tonite on our weekly friday ride. I will let you know what that does..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
I am running their map with a flipped valve (locked). Definately is better. Good low-end power still, good mid and excellent top. Can't imagine how the Eliminator must do. I kill all my friends' 954's now in straight line acceleration.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
122 Posts
DavidGS said:
I am running their map with a flipped valve (locked). Definately is better. Good low-end power still, good mid and excellent top. Can't imagine how the Eliminator must do. I kill all my friends' 954's now in straight line acceleration.
Did the flapper mod and still missing a "tad" low end but wholy smoke mid to top pulls the like a BEAST! :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
Calkidd said:
HUH??? :huh:
Actually, take the valve out, flip it over, and reinstall it. Then smooth the inside out with metal filler.

Still not quite as smooth and not as matched on pipe size as the Eliminator. Money has just been tight for me lately.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top