Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
---this is MY fault or you could point the finger at OLD AGE for I started to ride, legally, in 1946 which includes 42 yrs of basically dirt comp of almost any form in those yrs.

Also living in Western Canada, well we have somewhat colder weather then some of you down in the USA. Mind you something went wrong of where it was snowing almost daily, to melt & all the darn snow hiked its was to some of the different part of the USA.

Actually we like our snow for come Summer time this helps us to keep down the Wild Forest Fires & in this small town, though we are right beside the Okanagan Lake, we cannot suck lake water to a water purification plant & must survive off the snow that melts, BUT every darn city or town can drain their water from the lake mentioned.

Besides in cold weather this is when I am the Club's h/gun director/instructor & though old in age I can correct most people on their shooting even if mine are not up to snuff of my younger years. Shooting .22, 9mm, 38Super to 45ACP & for my center-loads that is the injoyment of reloading all my ammo.

Both the '00 Honda 929 & '03 purchased, still in the crate in '04, 954 will be ready once the Spring arrives & with hope the mountain roands to passes will be to my liking, you know like , no Black Ice, or Snow or stupid COLD weather even I cannot stand.

·
Registered
5,326 Posts
---this is MY fault or you could point the finger at OLD AGE for I started to ride, legally, in 1946 which includes 42 yrs of basically dirt comp of almost any form in those yrs.

Also living in Western Canada, well we have somewhat colder weather then some of you down in the USA. Mind you something went wrong of where it was snowing almost daily, to melt & all the darn snow hiked its was to some of the different part of the USA.

Actually we like our snow for come Summer time this helps us to keep down the Wild Forest Fires & in this small town, though we are right beside the Okanagan Lake, we cannot suck lake water to a water purification plant & must survive off the snow that melts, BUT every darn city or town can drain their water from the lake mentioned.

Besides in cold weather this is when I am the Club's h/gun director/instructor & though old in age I can correct most people on their shooting even if mine are not up to snuff of my younger years. Shooting .22, 9mm, 38Super to 45ACP & for my center-loads that is the injoyment of reloading all my ammo.

Both the '00 Honda 929 & '03 purchased, still in the crate in '04, 954 will be ready once the Spring arrives & with hope the mountain roands to passes will be to my liking, you know like , no Black Ice, or Snow or stupid COLD weather even I cannot stand.
:welcome: back.

·
Premium Member
11,900 Posts
:hi: Welcome back :D
I'm surprised you didn't say anything about the lack of photos in his gallery seeing he's been a member for so long :rotfl::rotfl:

And welcome back.. Even though I haven't the foggiest idea who you are :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for saying high to an old timer of riding to this board. Just have to watch out for OLD Threads or Posts on this board.

I teach HANDGUN shooting in Canada for they are NOT banned. Just that one has to have a Possession & Acquisition License so as to purchase a used or new h/gun, ammo, to reloading gear like Powder, Primers & such.

Oh yes one has to register thier long bbl guns to h/guns & you have to have a bbl of around 5.5" in length though semi-auto can be 4.75". Tack on the fact that you must belong to a certified gun club TO ALSO have an ATT which is the right to transport your h/gun(s) to & from the range.

To also keep the above up to date otherwise you become an "Automatic Criminal" if you do not & that is easy.

Yes most start off with .22 as the ammo is not costly & no reloading equipment to reloading presses needed. Now if you have a woman with you she will not be shaken at basically NO kick in a h/gun while most center-fire of 9mm, 38Spl, 40S&W to 45ACP do kick.

Our small Club has both an outdoor to indoor range & the latter is used a LOT when it is cold, rain, snow or such. Though indoors one is not allowed to used off the shelf factory loads SO we reload all with a bit of reduction in powder & still obtain very good groupings.

Obviously to darn cold outside to ride, yet have two bikes frothing at the bit in the garage, to ride. So my thoughts are on h/guns.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sorry no photos as that has been my way of looking at use of photos. Like to-day one of our executive in PR came in with his wife to take photos for our Web page.

So the word came out to not take a photo of myself & same with some others.

It is a pity about that incident up in Scotland. Our h/guns must be registered, we must have the best of scores in Cdn Firearms Safety Course, to also have a Possession & Acquisition License which must be renewed once every 5 yrs, to also an ATT being Allowance to Transport to & from the range, but no stop-offs either way & has to be renewed every year.

We have to keep our noses clean OTHERWISE the Govt can close down this range which is on Rented Federal Govt soil, & the Federal Govt is not keen on shooting at all. Even the Biathlon to training had them a bit disturbed when it was for the Winter Olympics.

·
Registered
21,183 Posts
Sorry no photos as that has been my way of looking at use of photos. Like to-day one of our executive in PR came in with his wife to take photos for our Web page.

So they word came out to not take a photo of myself & same with some others.

It is a pity about that incident up in Scotland. Our h/guns must be registered, we must have the best of scores in Cdn Firearms Safety Course, to also have a Possession & Acquisition License which must be renewed once every 5 yrs, to also an ATT being Allowance to Transport to & from the range, but no stop-offs either way.

We have to keep our noses clean OTHERWISE the Govt can close down this range which is on Rented Federal Govt soil, & the Federal Govt is not keen on shooting at all. Even the Biathlon to training had them a bit disturbed when it was for the Winter Olympics.
Im a natural with hand guns, rarely need to look actually, I really miss the fun, I had friends is the sas and sbs who couldnt get close to my ability with hgs..............ah well

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.