Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...That Honda riders (specifically 9xx/RC51 riders) seem to have an elitist attitude compared to riders of other bikes/brands? I say this not as a derrogatory comment merely an observation. I was actually accused of having the elitist attitude shortly after purchasing my 929 by someone and it's something that I have noticed here and there on varying forums with other Honda owners. I mean, if you had to place each brand into a catagory it would go something like this:
Suzuki= squid
Yamaha= squid
Kawasaki=stuck in the 80's-squid
Triumph= misguided, uneducated, preppy squid
Harley= more money than brains, yearning for attention and imagined social status middle-aged rufian wannabe
Ducati=Guys who wish their name was Vinnie who suffer from small penis syndrom...squid (no offense Holeshot )
Aprilia= Honda lovers who don't want a Ducati

Like I said...just an observation. Carry on.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
1. Well this is a Honda forum holmes.

2. Honda is the best mfr. on the planet. Some may have more power, some may have more this or that, but when it comes to the entire package (reliability, power, handling, braking, cost, on and on and on) nothing pimps a Honda, nothing.

Those other bikes are great, each mfr. makes a decent bike and that is all good. I'm not going to on anyone's parade unless they come touting it as the best thing etc. I've observed this everywhere, whatever bike the owner owns is the best because he owns it. My bike isn't the best thing out there, it's the best thing out there FOR ME. If you want to heckle about an elitist attitude, go start with the Duc owners and get back to us

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why does it seem that you're taking this personally? I'm fully aware of the fact that this is a Honda forum, Thanks. I own a Honda for the same reasons that you just mentioned. I'm also in the position to experience the ride, handling, and mechanical qualities of many different makes and model motorcycles and I still like my Honda over all the rest.

I was just making an observation and as those words came from my mouth I'd say I was slightly guilty of it as well. Relax, booth...this was in no way directed at you.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ccwilli3 : Wasn't flasher accused of being an elitest a$$hole!?
Why, yes. Yes, he was.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Thats because while everyone else is trying to keep their other brands running we are all out riding.

For the record, I like Yamaha. I think their quality has really improved over the past 4-8 years and is almost on par with Honda.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I've had 3 Suzukis, 4 Yamahas, and an Aprilia in the past. I love my Honda and miss my Aprilia. The Suzukis and Yamahas were all great bikes. No issues with other makes here.

·
Registered
216 Posts
ccwilli3 : Wasn't flasher accused of being an elitest a$$hole!?
ok, so i am ... maybe ... or so i was ... or better yet i always will be.  hey cc, you've got time to slam me here, but you cant even answer a PM?  so who's the elitest now???  

Honda ... Performance First!

·
Registered
69 Posts
If I had the cash, I would own a whole fleet of every brand bike.

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Umm... that's coz Honda is just so much better. And we know it. knowledge is power...

Z...

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
lfg929 : Thats because while everyone else is trying to keep their other brands running we are all out riding.

For the record, I like Yamaha. I think their quality has really improved over the past 4-8 years and is almost on par with Honda.
I think Yamaha has come a long way and producing quality products, but they are still #2

·
Registered
124 Posts
lfg929 : Thats because while everyone else is trying to keep their other brands running we are all out riding.
YES...I HAVE NOTICED.....especially around here.

For the record, my 01 ZX9R has right at 32,000 miles on it.
Never been in the shop for anything besides tires, oil, &
normal maintenance.

Carry on all you elitist bastards....

·
Registered
682 Posts
This is sensless tongue flapping.
Back right after WWII there were the HD & Indian people degrading each other, but then they begin to notice the swell of British irons & so togeather HD & Indian downed British irons to even m/c clubs that would only accept HD & Indian owners.
Come the mid-60s & we noticed these dinky pieces of junk things coming from Japan & even the attempted copy of the famous Triumph Vertical Twin. By the way no one riding a Brit iron downed another Brit iron other then in a mild joke.
So here we are with HD, Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kwacker, BMW, Ducati & some other rare European makes.
You own/ride what you like & that is the way it is. While I have not owned a Kwacker I have owned Yamaha, Suzy & Honda bikes with three of them in my garage with a Honda & Yamaha being ridin equally every riding day of the week bar Sunday when I spend time at the h/gun range.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts