Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so basically if the bike sit for about 2 days itll crank right up. if i shut it off then it dies on mean. it cant be the stator because once its on, it stays on for how ever long i leave it on. ive replaces the regulator/rectifier, and the battery. still having the same problem.

what could it be?

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
What's the voltage reading in the battery and charging system?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
where would you think it could be. i got hit on the right side of my bike and it ran fine for a couple of rides, then i moved out to CA. went for a ride in the mountains and after that its been acting up.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
You should be seeing readings of 12-14V (depending on juice obviously) from the battery?

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Have u charged the battery? Checked RR / Stator since your bump?

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Find out if there's any parasitic draw when the bike is off. WHEN THE BIKE IS SWITCHED OFF - disconnect one terminal of the battery, and connect a multimeter between the cable and terminal of the battery. Set it to DC amps. What reading do you get?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a clean 97 cbrf3 keeps doing same thing but if I idel it at 4 it tells me the stator is work could it be the battery not holding a charge or something to do with the carbs idk at this point and I am getting pissed cuz the bikes spot less

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think your battery cells are going to damaged. So you should contact a repair centre, otherwise use a new battery. Shiny Wing provides good batteries for bikes. You can buy online from them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts