Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I downloaded the free version yesterday and I've been having a blast finding all of my favorite motorcycle roads. http://earth.google.com

THe first pic is a GE snapshot of a road that drops into Osoyoos, BC. The next 2 pics are of that road, in person, last summer. (I'm going back 2 weekends from now)

It isn't the highest rated road in the area, but it descends down the side of a mountain into the Okanagan Valley through a series of 180' switchbacks. We spent an entire saturday there last weekend just riding up and down it. I'm headed back there 2 weekends from now.

The 4th pic is of "the keyhole", a big 180' sweeper at the base of the mountain before the climb up to the Columbia icefield and glacier. You can vaguely see a clearing in the lower left of the picture; the keyhole wraps around that. The 5th pic is of me, last year, railing around that curve exactly 1 year ago. I'm headed there this sunday, I'll take more pics.

On the way out I'll be passing by Abraham Lake, a big freshwater reservoir in the Rockies. THe last pic is of Abraham Lake, and you can see the David Thompson Highway winding around the west side of it.

Can't wait for Sunday. Pics and ride report to follow.

Attachments

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
We installed it in our home PC. The kids have been playing with it a lot...pretty neat. Try using the tilt feature with topography selected and you'll get a pretty cool 3-D perspective.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
One of my favourite bits of road, the Yarra Boulevard, it snakes along the banks of the Yarra river no more that 5 km from the CBD. Makes the trip to and from work most enjoyable.

the second photo is to give you an indication of how much of a diamond in the rough it is, with all the housing around it.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Check out 38°30'2.53"S by 145°14'2.68"E you might find a nice little race track, that you'll be seeing up close on the TV come mid October.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts